Anyone know where I could get plant pot ring holders for big pots, like baskets?

tiacat

A strange query but I would like to 'hang' my hanging baskets in a way which means I can fit more of them on the post that we fix them to.

We have a post in the garden and I have some brackets at the top which enables 4 baskets to hang and then the same halfway down, which enables another 4 to hang

But I would like to fit more on and I realised that if the baskets dont hang down, but rather sit at the level of the brackets, I could fit another layer on, so 4 at the top, 4 half way down and then 4 on the ground round the bottom of the post

We have a very small garden and the post is the post that the washing line hangs from!

I have a number of terracotta pots on the walls around the garden on pot rings, but these are obviously very small and my baskets are too big for those pot rings but are there pot rings that could fit hanging basket size pots on them? Or different types of brackets that would hang the baskets much higher up?

Thanks

IronGiant

I think they want something a lot bigger than that, possibly 12" at least

strangely tim

I think they want something a lot bigger than that, possibly 12" at least

Google is there to use and I know larger rings are available because I looked. Quick solution is to make a string cradle and hang off a basket bar/hook, simple to do and if you look there are video's to show you how.

IronGiant

Quick solution is to make a string cradle and hang off a basket bar/hook
That's exactly what they don't want to do.

Google is there to use and I know larger rings are available because I looked.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to link to them if you've found some? Or are you just baiting a fellow ex-DS member? :nono:

Last edited:

strangely tim

No, not baiting. To be honest its a pet niggle of mine when people ask a question online without doing a search themselves; its more and more common online these days and it bugs me to be honest so no, not baiting just encouraging folk to unleash the power of google before asking a question the answer to which is often just a few keyboard clicks away.

Making a string carrier is still a good idea, makes a little project to do at home, brush up your knot skills sort of thing, made carriers out of pop bottles last year for growing herbs in with my granddaughter and it was great fun and a success....lots of herbs.

tiacat

Sorry I have just seen these replies, I didnt think that anyone replied

To answer the question I am an excellent searcher online and if I cant find something or a way round it I resort to asking a question. I havent found any for about 12 inches which is what Im asking for. I dont want to hang the basket as I said

So if I have managed to miss the results on google I wouldnt mind if you could show me where you found 12 inche pot holder rings?

brunation

You can get Jubilee clips that are > 300mm in diameter but that would need the baskets to have a cylindrical (flat) surface for them to get purchase. It would apply a compressive force on the basket which would distort it.

A blacksmith could make supersized version of the pot holders.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom