anyone know where I can get a sky freeview card from these days?

Adam M

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had no idea these things had stopped being supplied, and now I feel stupid for bothering to have the old digi box installed in another room.

anyone know where I can get the sky freeview card from still so that I have not wasted time and money?

I've seen them on E-bay, they are not cheap though!

Supply and demand at work!

Doc

Once again, it's incredible how thick people on eBay can be! One guy is currently bidding £74 just for the FTV Sky card! And £30 to £40 seems almost "normal" on there! I realise people may be getting worried about not being able to get a card through the old free sources, but why spend £64 more than the from the guy who's selling them on the same site for £10???!!!

The mind goggles.

Simon

But not all the cards will clear ITV Ch 4 etc
I have this card but it is switched off so will not clear the above channels
P@T

I realise that people on eBay are also trying to sell the V1 cards too (which won't get you ITV, C4 etc) but the disparity I was highlighting was for the SAME V2 "Yellow House" cards which will pick up all the free to view channels.

For £10 you don't get the card, you just get the how to get a card!

Doc

The advert I was referring to was for the card itself for £10 but now it's disappeared.
However, the situation seems to be changing (if some of the eBay adverts are to be believed) - There are a couple of ads offering "instructions" on where to get cards (wonder what they say?!) - all for the bargain price of 99p (for the instructions, not the card!).
The same ads say that "Sky have told eBay not to allow the transactions for the cards themselves to go ahead - does anyone know if this is true/if Sky can do that?

With silly prices like that I was considering selling my card and Sony digibox and going over to Freeview as I don't want to subscribe to Sky anyway.

eBay can be a facinating view on the laws of supply and demand sometimes!

Simon

What's Sky got over Ebay? How can they stop people selling their? Perhaps they've threatened prosecution under that new legislation just passed ? 'The buying & selling of FTV cards, contary to The policeing your viewing act 2003.' In that they with or without knowledge, did permit the dealing of FTV cards, or allowed use of their site to assist in such dealing, or such dealing having occured, did profit from it.
They don't stop bogus sales of big bucks plasmas, as with everything advertised, their read carefully, check out the seller (as best as possible) & buyer beware. If it sounds to good to be true.............. That said bargains to be had for the wary! Also most items are for auction, a starting price will probably not be the final price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom