Anyone know where I can buy some rubber isolation feet?

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty hefty sofa and large friends so wanted to get the upgraded isolation feet from shakercentre. I'm fairly sure when my sofa is loaded up, the total weight is a few hundred lbs and suspect this is smushing the current buttkicker feet flat.
Anyway looked on shaker site, I thought it was £15 for the set of upgraded feet, just realised it's actually £15 per foot and I need 6. £90 on 6 pieces of rubber is insane. Looking for another supplier of feet, but so far haven't found anything. Any ideas/suppliers from anyone?

Double, tripple the number of feet using more of same feet?

Are squash balls solid or hollow? They come in different grades. If solid mabye a half of one would work!

I agree, its a crazy price for a piece of rubber.

Last edited:
Well I've been searching for some time and have found a solution! If anyone else is interested, here it is;

Tapered Rubber Feet 4 Pack : Feet & Castors : Maplin

£3.49 for a 4 pack. I'm going to buy 3 packs and use 2 feet on each leg. That should do the trick. £10 is definitely better than £90 for the same thing. Hope it helps someone else with large sofa/chums.

Nice find. They look OK. I hope they are not too hard. Please report back.

ps the other feet look interesting too!

They were too hard. So I spent several hours looking round hardware shops and settled on some rubber doorstoppers from homebase. The things we do for AV heaven... They're an inch high. Going to try those under the current feet, hopefully the combo will be ok. Cost £8, so if it works I've saved a few quid!

Hi All,

I may very have to get some isolation feet specially made - can anyone tell me what the exact material is they are made of & what grade/density. Also does anyone know who may able able to custom make some for me?

Suave!

The feet I got were no good. I've found this site which is american but not sure which are the best feet. These look like the business but I'm still trying to work out which would be the best size. I can't make heads or tails of the table included as I don't really understand about max energy and max impact load.
http://www.vibrationmounts.com/RFQ/VM110707.htm

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom