Anyone know when the new HK DVD47 HDMI hits the streets?

nobbydog

When, how good, price etc etc:smashin: .

admiralscooby

Standard Member
AVLAND are showing this on their site but it says price to be advised. They have an email list which you can join and they will email you when its available. I cant wait to get one!
:thumbsup:

nobbydog

Thanks scoob, been there and done that. Just wondered if there were any more leads:smashin: .

nobbydog

Well, Horny, the HK DVD25 has gone tits-up, so I suppose you could ask why go HK again as the last one only lasted 2yrs 3 mnths. Point is I'm looking to go HD ready pj in the near future so am looking at HDMI upscaler players for that, but would need best poss prog component for my SD panel until the pj arrives.

What would you suggest?
:thumbsup:

admiralscooby

Standard Member
Whats a PJ??

Here is a bit more info on DVD47 spec for anyone interested, but still no news on release date or price yet..

The HARMAN/KARDON DVD47
HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) for direct connection to a Plasma, LCD or projector
DivX compatible
Up scaling to 720p and 1080i
Progressive scan, multi-regional, RGB
Compatible with DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, MP3, WMA, JPEG
DVD-Audio control system includes bass management, delay settings and output level trims

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Budget? Also not sure how many are able to output Component and upscaled HDMI at the same time or swap without menu faffing

But if you have the budget i have a plan!

nobbydog

Budget? I suppose up to 450 notes although the price of that HD player in the other thread is distracting to say the least. So I could stick with component only on the Panny, and then go HD DVD player later this year OR go HDMI/comp player now:confused: . Either way 450 notes would prob be the limit.
Whats the plan then, Horny?

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
The plan would be to get a scaler and feed the PJ with DVi and plasma component (not sure if you can get analogu eand digital out of many scalers at the same time.) but check out petrolheads recent posts he rplaced his 25 with a n Arcam DV88+ i think

nobbydog

Thanks for replying, but where does my 450 budget fit into the plan:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom