1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what the music is that plays on the LOTR FOTR trailer??

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by westy1507, Apr 29, 2003.

1. westy1507

westy1507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those with Rush Hour 2 or the FOTR dvd will pwerhaps know what i'm on about. It's kind of similar to Oh Fortuna by Carl Orff, (you know, the old spice ad). The music from the trailer isn't on the soundtrack, anyone know what it's called??

Any help would be ace!

Westy

2. Max

Max

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think you mean the music that is based on "Lux Aeterna", the piece by Clint Mansell / Kronos Quartet which was also the main theme for Requiem For A Dream.

The FOTR trailer features a remixed orchestral version of it - not sure what this version is called though.

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +910
    That was on the final Two Towers trailer that came out well after the DVD release of FOTR. Not the same piece of music according to Westy's post. It was specially re-recorded for the TTT trailer though - the editor had fallen in love with the score from Requiem so he cut the trailer with the same score going round in his head, New Line/Jackson then decided to re-record the music as a full-on classical piece and use it for the trailer.

I've never actually seen the tailer for FOTR as I've not had the 2 disc set, so I can't help on that one:blush:

4. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at this web site here as they have a breakdown of all the music used on all of the lord of the ring trailers to date. Hope this helps :D

5. westy1507

westy1507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey crackin stuff!

Dug out my spare copy of Rush Hour 2 and watched the FOTR trailers again. That gothic chorus at the end of the final trailer just adds so much impact to the images - amazing!

Thanks for that :smashin:

Westy

6. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can't find a CD of this though:( I managed to download 1min22s of the song interpreted by the brookly theater.