• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone know what brands have variable audio output?

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
I am looking for a neat solution for the bedroom.

I want the display and a pair of B&O speakers only (oh and a sub hidden).

But not sure what brands of TV have variable audio out on analogue?

Loewe TVs have variable out and that is what I am looking at, but before I pull the trigger just wondering if any others do?
Even a headphone socket, but wold have to be on the back to keep it neat.

Any ideas??

Silverblack

Prominent Member
I'm possibly looking at at a getting a loewe tv or a b&0 tv myself still undecided, the older loewes tvs had analogue audio outs on them but their latest tvs require adapters. Now they still have digital coaxial input and ouput but for analogue audio inputs will either require you to buy there audiolink cables or you could get a 3.5 mm to rca cable which the tvs have an input for.

Hope this helps.

Also alot of other brands have an headphone socket on the side, i think samsung and panasonic do i definately know that philips tvs do.

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
I think I am just going to try them direct into the headphone socket of my Samsung to start with.

The Loewe Xelos 40 Media has phono outs on it, so would be ideal. Plus £599 at the moment, so could be a good set.

I do like the looks of them and think it would match the B&O speakers well.

The model before it with only 2 hdmi, also called the Xelos 40, had a 3.5mm jack for using with an adapter.

Looking at the manual I didn't realise that analogue out was either sub or variable line, I thought it had both, not a real problem but though that maybe it would have done 80hz and below to sub and 80hz and above to mains.
This way it will have to be split.

Other option is move my Pioneer KRP5090 up there and use that.
Sub out direct and then use a decent hi-lo convertor to drive the active speakers from the speaker terminals.

Silverblack

Prominent Member
I think I am just going to try them direct into the headphone socket of my Samsung to start with.

The Loewe Xelos 40 Media has phono outs on it, so would be ideal. Plus £599 at the moment, so could be a good set.

I do like the looks of them and think it would match the B&O speakers well.

The model before it with only 2 hdmi, also called the Xelos 40, had a 3.5mm jack for using with an adapter.

Looking at the manual I didn't realise that analogue out was either sub or variable line, I thought it had both, not a real problem but though that maybe it would have done 80hz and below to sub and 80hz and above to mains.
This way it will have to be split.

Other option is move my Pioneer KRP5090 up there and use that.
Sub out direct and then use a decent hi-lo convertor to drive the active speakers from the speaker terminals.

The xelos media is like gold-dust and are very hard to get hold of the media had added benefits with an ethernet port an extra hdmi input taking it to three and all the benefits of a loewe tv like the pic in pic facility i also love the minimalistic look of them.

What makes it even more sort after is the fact that loewe has re-brung that range out adding a 46" but they have taken out alot of the important features like the image+ processing and they have also changed the chassis and for some unknown reason loewe have decided too reduce the hdmis to 2 again.

The new version has image enhancement and the dmm mode which your able too control the motion processing from light to intensive i have played around with this feature and i have too admit that the picture quality is something a bit special.

I demoed this tv in JL and with all the other tvs around it you could clearly see that the loewes picture was cleaner sharper and just generally better and that was with all the tvs showing the same hd feed.

I have also seen this offer but i would prefer too buy from my local loewe shop to be honest because if there were any faults sending the tv back could be quite costly.

I also much prefer the xelos media as it does away with you needing to use adapter cables.

Last edited:

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
To be honest, I wasn't going to spend any money. It was just seeing them at £599 pricked my ears.
Then thought "add in some used B&O speakers and it would be a nice bedroom set up for doing everything."

They haev digital radio, media player and sound pretty good as a pre amp I am told, so it would be a very neat solution that would get some music in the room and a bigger TV with the thumbs up from the missus if it looks nice and neat.

Silverblack

Prominent Member
To be honest, I wasn't going to spend any money. It was just seeing them at £599 pricked my ears.
Then thought "add in some used B&O speakers and it would be a nice bedroom set up for doing everything."

They haev digital radio, media player and sound pretty good as a pre amp I am told, so it would be a very neat solution that would get some music in the room and a bigger TV with the thumbs up from the missus if it looks nice and neat.

If you did go with that plan i think that you would have a very nice and i'm sure impressive sounding bedroom setup.:smashin:

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
I am picking up the B&O speakers on Sunday, as soon as I have them I will order the Xelos Media TV. :smashin:

Silverblack

Prominent Member
I am picking up the B&O speakers on Sunday, as soon as I have them I will order the Xelos Media TV. :smashin:

I've managed to source a brand new loewe art 46" 200hz for a very good price so i'm heading down too my dealer tomorrow what b&0 speakers are you getting?

Last edited:

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
Just some 6000s. With a Rel Strata they will be great for a TV set up. I hope!! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom