1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know the price of the Samsung 32" currently in tv ads?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by sponshagga, Dec 22, 2003.

1. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've done a lot of googling and not found a price for the new Samsung 32" lcd tv anywhere. Anyone seen it

2. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
  3. lfarrand

lfarrand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We got ours for £2169 inc. VAT & delivery from BE-Direct and it was delivered within 3 days. Excellent service.

I wrote up a mini-review of the Samsung LW32A 32" LCD on these very forums a couple of months ago...

Lee

4. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read your review - very informative. One problem I had with a thomson plasma is my sky pictures in football matches when fast panning got very blocky. That tv went wrong anyway so I thought an lcd might avoid this problem as well as weight issues. How is it with fast movement? Also looking on the Samsung website they have their 32" lcd down as LTN325W is that the same model or a newer version?

5. lfarrand

lfarrand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, regarding the blockyness I think that is an issue with Sky/Cable or whoever provides your television service. They compress so many channels into a limited bandwidth. The compression they use is based on the difference between frames (i.e. only store the changes between frame A and frame B), so for fast moving images you will notice it a lot more. Therefore it wont matter what television you use, the result will be the same.

Having said that, LCD's are notably worse when displaying fast moving sports such as fooball. It seems as though the image is streaking on some games, however I don't find it to be a problem.

The model they have on their website is the older 32" model - Samsung UK are hopeless at adding new products to their site. I found an informative instruction manual and product guide on the USA site, although the US model is different too. Just do a search for 32" LCD and it will be the same one.

Lee

6. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does your model have picture in picture? I think these are the only 32" lcd's with this feature - useful for my cctv security This blurring of picture is a little worrying. I watch a fair bit of footy but I'm not a purist as regards picture - guess I'll have to check it out in the shops.

7. gp2229

gp2229

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The LG 30" screen has PiP but I am disappointed at how much leakage of light there seems to be particularly in the corner. They also have very much cost reduced from their original MW30LZ10 non TV tuner version with smart brushed aluminium screen surround to the 30LZ13 model which has all plastic surround and looks cheaper and less classy. Nevertheless for sub £2000 the picture quality is pretty impressive.......

Does your screen show this light bleeding from the edges?

Graham

8. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a look around the shops today and that Samsung looks bloody ugly to my taste. The LG on the other hand looked pretty good - but this bleed thing is worrying. I need picture in picture as I am physically impaired and need the option of my security camera on the screen while I am watching TV. Anyone know the best option on 30- 32 inch with pip?

9. avnf

avnf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for Samsung LW32A23W review lfarrand. Are you still keen on it? Im tempted, not perfect styling, but the spec seems the best at this price. One question: is it NTSC compatible? I have many region1 DVDs, and a multi-region player, it would be a shame if I could watch them in B&W!! thanks....