• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone know of anywhere cheap and cheerful to stay in Manchester

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Last time we stayed at the jury's inn and got good price due to offer and booking early

Looking at going again 10th or 11th may but struggling find anything that's just a comfy ensuite room for under 100.
Looking for city center or close too. Would probably start day drinking someplace like marble arch before ending up at the print works.

blue max

Distinguished Member
Maybe speak to the jury's inn again. I'm sure if you say how much you enjoyed your stay and were they running any similar offers, you may get lucky.

Got to be worth a try if you haven't already.

I'll avoid suggesting Strangeways :D

rousetafarian

Some of the apartment rentals on Deansgate or nearby can sometimes be surprisingly good value for a night or two

cebs_uk

Prominent Member
Just go to britannia website or try this link

Last Minute Price Cut

website is a bit of a pain but shows rooms from 25 per night and there is one in town and several a bit out of town.

Nothing great but nice and cheap.

jonna

Distinguished Member
Premier inn Portland Street Manchester, 5 mins from Piccadilly Station.

Last edited:

Epicurus

Prominent Member
We stayed at Premier Inn Deansgate Locks last summer for around £30 a night on promotion. 15min walk to city centre or short taxi ride + free parking at hotel. Recommended for the price.

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
Whenever I stay in Manchester I always opt to stay at the airport. The hotels are generally cheaper than the city centre hotels and it's only a few minutes ride to the city by train. The Britannia Airport Hotel in Northenden, South Manchester ( it's actually nowhere near Manchester Airport) is basic but fairly cheap.

bassit

Prominent Member
If you do stay at the airport id just like to say that the areas surrounding the airport aren't exactly the nicest of areas so do travel by taxi, you may wander into the wrong parts.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom