Anyone know of any good iMovie 09 books?

ndenbow

Hi,

What with 18-month old twins I no longer have the time to spend experimenting with software these days.

I am looking for a good iMovie 09 guide to teach me how to use it properly, rather than just importing, editing and burning.

Thanks in advance,

N

Tenex

Novice Member
Hi,

What with 18-month old twins I no longer have the time to spend experimenting with software these days.

I am looking for a good iMovie 09 guide to teach me how to use it properly, rather than just importing, editing and burning.

Thanks in advance,

N

I bought it last week and am using it now to catch up on some video editing. I have to say its easier to use than 08 because of the precision controls but I understand that you have little time.

As Alan said the Apple tutorials are a great place to start and there are "Quick Tips" style books out there but I don't think they offer much more than the online help. Given the time constraints would a meatier tome would help?

09 (and 08) were both intended as really quick assembly editing tools and the more you can do in camera the shorter will be the processing you have to put in.

ndenbow

Are the 'missing manual' series any good?

I looked on the Apple web site and there are some reasonable tutorials on there.

Which HD output formats do people like? I must admit I get quite lazy and use the Toast Bluray DVD-R function quite a lot because I have a PS3. Any advice on that would be most welcome. Does the old iMoveHD app have some good HD output options? Apple do seem to shy away from disc formats in favour of published media and streaming, but a lot of people I know have Bluray players of some kind and it's nice to have a light transportable media.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom