Anyone know of any free software to create posters?

eFGee

Novice Member
I need some software to enable me to design posters that have a image as a background and I then need to over write that with text, symbols etc.

Anyone know of any?

limblee

Have you tried openoffice.org 's office suite. I think they have a powerpoint type program in the suite.

limblee

If your into making professional looking posters then try

http://www.osalt.com/photoshop

"Open source Photoshop alternatives
Paint.NET 3.05
Available for: windows mac linux unix java
Paint.NET is a .NET open source bitmap drawing and editing application. One of the main goals of the project is to provide a simple and easy to use application with an intuitive user interface.... Read more
CinePaint 0.21
Started as a fork of the Gimp project, the goal is to create a more professionel graphical editing application aimed at the movie industry. One of the major differences from Gimp is that CinePaint... Read more
Gimp 2.2.13
Probably the oldest and most well-known open source graphic application - GNU Image Manipulation Program or Gimp was started in 1995 and has since then grown to the status it has today. Gimp is a... Read more
Gimpshop 2.2.11
If you feel at home in Photoshop, but need an open source alternative - Gimpshop is the way to go. Gimpshop is a hack made on top of the original Gimp project which changes all menues, dialogs, etc.,... Read more
Krita 1.6.1
Krita is open source bitmap editing and drawing with the following advanced features: 16-bit image support, High dynamic resolution images, CMYK and even color management. As part of the KOffice... Read more"

Hope this helps

Singh400

Distinguished Member
http://www.gimp.org/ said:
GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.

This is the official GIMP web site. It contains information about downloading, installing, using, and enhancing it. This site also serves as a distribution point for the latest releases. We try to provide as much information about the GIMP community and related projects as possible. Hopefully you will find what you need here. Grab a properly chilled beverage and enjoy.
Have fun!

carling

Novice Member
I use Posteriza and it's quite useful. Can print on a large format printer or split the image up and print on lots of A4 that you can stick together to make a large image. It can put text over an image and crop images, preview etc. Not bad for something downloaded for free.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom