1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know of a dvd recorder with these features

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shaunydub, Aug 15, 2005.

1. shaunydub

shaunydub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I seem to be on an impossible mission here trying to find a DVD recorder with the following features.

Divx compatible
    Multi-region possible (not necessarily out of the box)
    HDD
    Freeview
    Videoplus+
    EPG

I can find them with 1 or 2 of these features but not all of them there must be one out there somewhere, if anyone knows of 1 please let me know.

Thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    All these features have not yet come together in one machine. Multi-region is easy - most machines can be purchased already modified and Videoplus can be found on most majior brand machines.

Freeview can only be found in a handfulof machines at present: Sony GXD500, Panasonic DMR-ES20D and JVC DRM150 (and a ropey Goodmans model) - obviously all have the Freeview EPG. Selected Pioneer, Philips and JVC models also have an EPG (Guideplus) but analogue tuners.

Samsung and (soon) Hitachi both do models that play DivX files. The former are also due to bring out a Freeview model soon so that may be the first machine to meet your requirements.