1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know of a cheap supplier for a good portable ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jasonbosley, Jul 6, 2002.

1. jasonbosley

jasonbosley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Looking for a good quality 14" to 20" TV for the bedroom. Like the look of the SONY KV14LT1 range but seems expensive for a portable (I know it has that badge on the front !)

Anyone got any suggestions on what and where to get it from ?

Thanks

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Last year I had to get 2 NTSC-compatible monitors for a work-related demo. The MD suggested hiring them - but I knew already that most portables do NTSC out of the box. Went to Comet armed with US-bought digital camera which has NTSC only video output. Shop salesguy was sure the 80 quid Proline 1485T wouldn't handle NTSC - but let me try.
    Bingo, no problem on NTSC so I bought a pair (& had him take all the packaging & polystyrene with him as the 2 TVs + other techie gear I had with me wouldn't have otherwise fitted in my car boot.
    It's not a bad PAL/NTSC 14" portable with SCART + phono & headphone sockets on the front for composite video & audio & teletext.
    This cost the company less than hiring 2 monitors & I now have 1 in my kitchen (& one in our Walton office).
    Not bad for 80 notes - and who cares about brand names ?

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    www.dixons.co.uk are selling the great looking LG Netee 20" for half price.... very nice indeed... :)