• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone know if this will this work?

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Nope that certainly will not work as it's just a phono splitter. Component video has 3 cables (Blue, Red, Green) and you need a component splitter/switcher.

You need something like this. Currently out of stock here though.

longster

Standard Member

stu.artd

hello

I want to connect both my nintendo wii and ps2 to my component socket on my LG 32LC2DB.

Would it work using something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLD-Phono-RCA-2to-1-Adaptor-Splitter_W0QQitemZ130060215905QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

obviously i would not be using the two at the same time

Cheers in advance

You would need 5 of them, one for each of the 3 component video leads and one each for the 2 audio leads.

I use the cheap power box switcher from playasia and have found it to be a very good product. Be aware that some people have had problems with it, but it's been fine for me.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
don't pay attention to the others, they will work fine. we use them at work.

why the others think they won't work is beyond me, must be on commission :devil:

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
don't pay attention to the others, they will work fine. we use them at work.

why the others think they won't work is beyond me, must be on commission :devil:

Firstly you would need 3 of them just to connect 2 sources, you would have to either plug the 3 splitters in direct (if there's sufficient gap between the 3 component sockets) or get a component extension wire if not. If you want to add another device then that would mean 3 more splitters and it would get pretty messy. I bought a cheap component switch (about a fiver) and that is a nice tidy solution for up to 3 sources.

The composite splitter that Longster posted should work fine as long as at the end of the day it's just three wires to three wires.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom