Anyone know if this is a scam or a real bargain

J

juboy

Just stumbled across this on eBay. Put in a bid for one of them and noticed the seller is claiming to have multiple plasmas at what seem to be crazy prices.

I emailed the seller querying the low prices and their response was:

Dear Sir,

I have the best prices on ebay because I can supply.
The BUY NOW price is $2000. Western Union is the
payment method.
Let me know if you want to proceed.

Hmm, not really an explanation as to WHY they're so cheap.

Anyway, anyone know anything about potential problems with these plasmas? It seems to good to be true... and as the saying goes, that probably means it isn't!

rauer

If you have money that you're willing to give away for nothing, please send them to me instead!

Check some of the bargain posts from last weeks..

J

juboy

Yep, as I thought, this seems to be the latest eBay scam. Would never have bought from a (0) rated seller anyway.

Good job my $1.50 bid was beaten ;)

encaser

Originally posted by juboy
Yep, as I thought, this seems to be the latest eBay scam. Would never have bought from a (0) rated seller anyway.

Good job my $1.50 bid was beaten ;)

These con artists have been 'offering' plasmas for an age now. If you IP check your email it'll be from an old Eastern block country. Some even set up bogus escrow sites for a couple of days to lure people into thinking a safe third party handles your money. The common ways to tell is that they; usually have 0 or few sells/buys (some have a couple of trades made, usually small and by each other for cover), the sell time will be only a couple of days, stupidly low price (for a plasma) and they use Western Union or such because it's not traceable and anyone can claim the money - all they need to know is that you sent it, passwords etc. are not secure.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom