1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know if hyundai sets are up to scratch?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by petre, Oct 1, 2005.

1. petre

petre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

i'm looking to get a new LCD in time for the x360, and was wondering if this 32 inch model was worth it at all? http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-HQL320WR
    i'm guessing it's a bit of a cheapo option, right? my problem being that i already have a 28" widescreen CRT- i don't really want to 'downgrade' to a 26" (even though the actual difference is practically negligible) but i really don't want to spend close to £900 on a 32" samsung (or whatever) one...is there a good, cheap alternative- such as the hyundai? or will the 26" be so close in size to my current tv that i should concentrate more on getting a quality one of those?

ps: i'm a tad concerned about the talk of blacks not being 'black' on these sets- am i right in thinking i can test the results by playing something like doom 3 on my TFT LCD monitor? would the results be basically the same?

cheers to anyone who can help.

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
  3. petre

petre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for that. how exactly is it better specified, though? i'm a bit ignorant about these things...