1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know if a 3.5mm switcher exists ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Kronin, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Kronin

Kronin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all :)

I was just wondering if anyone knew if such an item existed that has one 3.5mm male connector that splits into two 3.5mm female connectors - I know that you can buy these but has anyone seen one thats switchable ?

Ive just hooked up my SBLive to my amp (3.5mm > 2 phono) but am having to change over cables everytime I want to switch between my PC speakers and my HC ones. Obviously this isnt very practical so am looking for something that both can be plugged into and changed over at the flick of a switch.

Has anyone seen something likes this ? Have checked Maplin and RS but havent been able to find anything. Of course if anyone has any ideas for a DIY method then I dont mind dragging the soldering iron out :D

TIA.

2. Alsproject

Alsproject

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    How about the Hama Media Hub from www.7dayshop.com

From looking at the close up, it has a switch to switch between speakers or headset (or second set of speakers).

The cost is £6.49 + 95p p&p :)

3. Kronin

Kronin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent - that looks like its exactly what im after, and cheap too!

A thousand thank you's kind sir ;)