Anyone know how to set up a Sumvision Cyclone HDD media player????

H

humbug0_2

Does anyone use one of these players and knows how to get it started properly?:confused:
Have attached pdf manual for reference.
Many thanks for any help given.
Merry Xmas

Does anyone use one of these players and knows how to get it started properly?:confused:
Have attached pdf manual for reference.
Many thanks for any help given.
Merry Xmas

Attachments

• Cyclone user manual.pdf
    209.5 KB · Views: 3,272
You'll get more help by explaining where you are having problems.

The manual may not be great but it does cover the basics.

Tell people what the problems are and I'm sure they'll help.

I am having the same problem myself . I don't know how to get directories in the HDD all i get is an empty drive .I presume i don't just dump media in the drive randomly ? I can see a menu via the TV but not from my PC

The manual tells you that you must put files into directories as it will not play them from the root.

Surely you can just create a directory on it once it is connected to your PC?

The Manual is a very basic pdf when i connect to my pc the cyclone is only seen as another hdd with no folders or anything just the amount of memory available.But when you connect to a tv you can see the menu with media types (video,audio,picture) + set up .This functionality is not available via the pc.Do i just create 3 folders on the hdd and drop files into them ?

Yes, create folders via the PC to put your material in.

hi i got one of these also and cant get it to work i managed to get 1 film on to it but cant get anymore.

what do you mean when you say create folders via the PC to put your material in. do i just open the media player up and click on make a new folder and add my films to that.
thanks

Hi there thanks for your help so far (been away last night so haven't had time to get on pc).
Basically the way i look at it i think you just make 3 folders on the Cyclone hard drive 1 Movies,1 music and 1 photo.
Am i right?
Also when i turn on my Sumvision Cyclone for the first time all i get is a blue led screen with no text on it(the picture in the manual shows information on it.
Is this right also?
Also on the disc that comes with it,it has a Fat 32 tool for Xp.
Do i have to reformat the media player with this as when you look in my computer,properties it shows up as already being as Fat 32?

Could someone please explain exactly what they did once they got it out of the box to get it all set up and working properly.
Sorry for all the questions its that i got this off of Ebay last week and want to make sure it is fully working before i give any feedback.
Many thanks for all your help once again so far!

think iv get i cracked you do as mark says you make three folders when its pluged in to your pc music photo and films and click and drag the fild to the folder i just done it and it worked for one film trying it for the rest now

think iv get i cracked you do as mark says you make three folders when its pluged in to your pc music photo and films and click and drag the fild to the folder i just done it and it worked for one film trying it for the rest now

Hi there jatbaws
When you turn on your Sumvision Cyclone for the first time do you get any text across the screen (blue led)?
Once you have the 3 folders on the media player via pc what text do you get on the screen(blue led).
Thanks

At last got it to come on.
Made 3 folders in hard drive now when i go to main menu on tv it says no hdd detected!:confused:
Any ideas?
:confused::confused:

no txt when i first switch on and i get no hdd deteced sometimes just switch it of and back on again

no txt when i first switch on and i get no hdd deteced sometimes just switch it of and back on again

I have tried switching it on and off but it just says the same thing every time" NO HDD DETECTED":confused:

I'm beginning to think it is knackered but the strange thing is if i plug it into my pc windows recognises the 1TB hard drive perfectly.
How can this be?

:lease:

Thanks for all of your Help created folders on my PC & plugged it into my TV it worked fine,Thanks Mark Taylor spot on :clap:

humbug i get this alll the time

But does your media player still work?

If so which buttons do you press on the screen where its flashing no hdd detected?

Have read on the net somewhere that to get rid of the flashing "no hdd detected" you need to open up the media player enclosure and disconnect the data cable and then reconnect!

Does anyone think this would solve the problem?

:lease:

there is no text on the blue screen whilst plugged into the PC until you disconnect and plug into the TV you have to unplug the USB for it to work

there is no text on the blue screen whilst plugged into the PC until you disconnect and plug into the TV you have to unplug the USB for it to work

I have now worked that part out.
My problem is when you go to the main page where it shows movie,music,photo,setup etc all i get in the top left hand corner flashing is"No HDD Detected".

Which buttons do you press from this page to be able to play a movie?
:confused:

I have now worked that part out.
My problem is when you go to the main page where it shows movie,music,photo,setup etc all i get in the top left hand corner flashing is"No HDD Detected".

Which buttons do you press from this page to be able to play a movie?
:confused:

the front button MAIN PAGE and then select the media type from the screen display . Have you done a fimware update ? it may help

the front button MAIN PAGE and then select the media type from the screen display . Have you done a fimware update ? it may help

No i haven't have read that some people have had serious problems after doing it.
What buttons do you press to select the media type as whilst it flashes no hdd detected it seems that what ever button i pressed wouldn't work?

I used the the two circular buttons outer button to move the cursor middle button for for Enter choice

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom