Anyone know how to do a pronto hack on a Pioneer 757Ai?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Smurfin, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    Sound and Vision have kindly offered to collect my 757, multi-region it then send it back, as it "slipped through the net" back at their warehouse. The trouble is, the courier seems to be incompetent and my DVD player has been sitting boxed in my car for the last 2 days :rolleyes:

Am I right in thinking that the way to make the 757Ai multi-region is with a code, via a pronto or equivalent type of remote? If so, then I might as well do it myself rather than risk 2 courier journeys and another week without a DVD player.

But the question is...how exactly does the code work, how is it input into the pronto etc?

Advice would be appreciated:)

Cheers
    Matt

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,
    You need to download Pronto Edit software and make sure you have the PC connector cable.
    Over in the Hack pages there is a thread containing the "ccf", download this to your PC.
    Open the Pronto software, plug in your pronto, set what type it is, upload your pronto configuration and save it for safety.
    Open the hack ccf and download it into pronto.
    This is easier said than done of course, if you don't have much experience it is quite a steep learning curve.
    The easiest route will be to rent a one shot remote from
    www.dvdchips.co.uk
    I think it works out to be £10 - £20 last time I looked

Ged