Anyone know how to change the region of a Onkyo TX-NR609?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sovamind, Feb 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. sovamind

sovamind
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Onkyo TX-NR609 here in the Netherlands and didn't realize that the EU model doesn't have Pandora in it. I stupidly saw the Pandora logo on the US Onkyo website and didn't know that it wouldn't be included in the EU amp.

Now I know that Pandora is blocked from outside the US, but I have a VPN tunnel and use it every day. What I would like to do is stop using my PC for Pandora and use the built in Pandora support in the amp instead. Particularly because the amp won't take audio from HDMI from the PC and play it in zone 2.

Anyone know of a service menu or something that you can access to change which region the amp thinks it is located? I bought a service manual for it thinking maybe there would be something in there but there wasn't anything but the schematics. Interesting thing is that that service manual and the schematics are identical between the regions except for the plugs so it has to be just a software thing. Also the firmware for the US and EU seems to be the same file size and version numbers as well. So I really think there has to be some secret menu for setting what region that amp is set to support.

Thanks in advance!