Anyone know how to change inputs on Cyrus One HD using Harmony remote control?

Dinalt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up an One HD earlier this week and set it up on my Harmony R/C. The only controls recognised are for volume. It’s identified as a One HD by Harmony but it’s has the wrong names for the analogue inputs for example. Anyone else solved this / know how to get it to work?

Last edited:
I'm afraid I gave up. The way the input is selected on the Cyrus just doesn't work with the Harmony

I don’t have an One Remote to try this but the inputs are different on the two devices, I have also tried setting it up as a One on the Harmony and again none of the inputs work. Its annoying that there is device set up in Harmony’s database but it doesn’t work. To be honest I just need the discrete codes for the analogue inputs and I’d be good. Worst comes the worst I can import them to my Harmony one and then teach them to the Hub.

I don’t have an One Remote to try this but the inputs are different on the two device

I guessed that, but as it only costs a tenner...

Yeah, I know what you mean and I’d do that but having tried the OneHd and Basic One configs in the Harmony app and neither worked I dont want to but a controller and find that doesn’t work either. I might contact the shop I bought it from and see if they have a remote I can try (or even check if it works).

Well I figured as the remote appears to have 6 buttons on it for direct input selection, I guessed having it to learn the codes from would fix all your problems.

It isn't unusual for less common devices to have poor code sets in harmony.

I have software and hardware (a custom arduino based microcontroller with IR sender and receiver and a USB port) on which I can create codes sets by entering the hex values so I can generate/test/discover codes for anything, but when you dont have something like that and the stupid software (Harmony) provides no means of importing NEC IR hex codes, then the only option is to buy/borrow a remote and learn the codes via IR.

@Dinalt , I know nothing about the Harmony remote but when I asked on the Cyrus Forum about a remote control for the Cyrus One HD, most said that the small credit card sized remote that comes with the Cyrus One will work with the Cyrus One HD but only for the volume control......and this is a reply I got from Cyrus themselves ..... 'You can certainly use the ONE Remote with the ONE HD, also the iR14 remote is compatible for volume up/down, mute and input Up/down'.

Last edited:
That ties in with what I‘ve found and to make matters worse is that mute for the Cyrus amps is the same as power on for Pillips TVs as I found out this morning while trying sort out the amp and a new Bluesound Node I also picked up this week.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom