1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know anything about these tiny CMOS cameras?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by RSV_Ecosse, Aug 10, 2005.

1. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got the damn thing up and running, its one of these:-

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/12vcam.htm

I just went out for a quick run on the bike with it hooked up. It was solidly positioned just under the headlight on the fairing.

While the image quality was reasonable, the problem I have is that the picture looks like its from some sort of 1980's pop video.....all pink and green hues fading in and out. Its not a vibration issue, the picture itself is very stable. If you hold your hand over the top/above the camera, it seems to improve quite a bit, so I'm guessing that these CMOS type cameras are extremely light sensitive?

If thats the case, is there anything I can do to solve this? Like maybe, a filter of some sort? Or even something I could "paint" on the lens, to dull its sensitivity down a bit?

I've got the RCA type leads connected up right, yellow to yellow, white to white and the power lead goes to a 9v battery. There seems to be a bit of background noise, like a low "hum" throughout the footage too. Could this be connected to the image problem?

Its wired up to a Canon MV750i MiniDV camera via the AV in plug, and AV-DV is set to "on" in the camera menu.

Any ideas welcomed. Would hate to think I wasted me cash on this thing, although in hindsight, I should really have spent a little bit more and gone for a CCD camera instead of a CMOS.

HELP!!!! :(

2. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTT......

Anyone?

3. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was part of a faulty batch.

Found this out after I contacted the seller.

I've sent the faulty one back, he's replacing it with a new one.