Anyone know any handy shortcuts?(!)

gurney1000

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just got my Foxsat HDR a few days ago, and compared to my Humax PVR, it certainly seems to take a while to perform what have to be two of the most common actions:

1. To play a recorded item, you have to choose whether to play from the start or the last played position (two clicks)

2. To delete an item, you again have to bring up the file options (two clicks)

Does anyone know of a one-click method for either of these?

I was extremely confused by the fact 'delete' was greyed out/not an option sometimes, until I read on the forum that you can't delete while recording!

Is this post for real? However did you scrape together the energy to type a question if having to twitch a finger twice on a remote control is too much effort. How do you manage to feed yourself and stuff ! LOL

If I wasn't lazy, why would I spend time and effort buying a satellite dish and Foxsat HDR so that I could spend hours drooling in front of the telly watching QVC?

Seriously though, I know user friendly design when I see it, and this ain't it.

Apparently there IS a shortcut, for play at least. If you highlight the recording you want to play, and hit the 'play' button rather than the 'OK' button, it starts playing.

Now I just need the equivalent for deleting a file.

On my old Hummy, you pressed ok and it played automatically played the file from either the start (if it was new) or from where you stopped it (if you'd started watching it). You just pressed play twice if you wanted it to go back to the beginning. Now that worked brilliantly - so why not have the same usability on the Foxsat?

I do know what you mean, I only got my Hdr a couple of days ago and theres already several annoyances I've found with it, it just seems a bit clumsy, for example when you press guide it takes thirty seconds for the programme to start up again in the background and turning it on takes forever, half the programme has finished by the time it's ready! It was quicker in the 1950's when you had to wait for the tube to warm up. As far as pressing buttons on a remote, I have a hamster thats trained to use my remote by me giving voice commands, It only costs me a bowl of dry rice krispies a day. He can do everything except press the red button. That's because he's colour blind, but I didn't realise that when I got him. I was thinking of getting a new one but I've become quite attached to Alan over the last few months.

Next door at Pets at Home, but don't tell em why you want it, and don't forget to make it some VDU glasses as my first one had cataracts within 6 months and I had to flush him! :cool:

Good to know that other couch potatoes have discovered the hamster work round. However, mine's started to develop a fault. As it's got older it's started to lose it's memory. It's still fine for simple commands like "TV on" and "Sat off" but can no longer do macros. This is a real problem - any ideas?

Apparently there IS a shortcut, for play at least. If you highlight the recording you want to play, and hit the 'play' button rather than the 'OK' button, it starts playing.

Now I just need the equivalent for deleting a file.

On my old Hummy, you pressed ok and it played automatically played the file from either the start (if it was new) or from where you stopped it (if you'd started watching it). You just pressed play twice if you wanted it to go back to the beginning. Now that worked brilliantly - so why not have the same usability on the Foxsat?

I hate that on a freeview 9200, the remote is so unresponsive, I have lost count of the nos of times I have pressed play twice thinking that it had missed the first one. The Toppy does it much better, OK to start from the beginning and play to start where you left off. I have no problem with the hdr as the default is usually the one you want anyway.

I do know what you mean, I only got my Hdr a couple of days ago and theres already several annoyances I've found with it, it just seems a bit clumsy, for example when you press guide it takes thirty seconds for the programme to start up again in the background and turning it on takes forever, half the programme has finished by the time it's ready! It was quicker in the 1950's when you had to wait for the tube to warm up. As far as pressing buttons on a remote, I have a hamster thats trained to use my remote by me giving voice commands, It only costs me a bowl of dry rice krispies a day. He can do everything except press the red button. That's because he's colour blind, but I didn't realise that when I got him. I was thinking of getting a new one but I've become quite attached to Alan over the last few months.

The reason for the 30 sec delay is that it's using the current tuner to download the epg. You can use the buffered epg by pressing schedule and red.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom