1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know an on-line supplier of Quadraspire Cabinets?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by codlord, Jul 7, 2003.

1. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am looking to buy a Quadraspire Q Cabinet (preferably at a less than RRP price) from an on-line retailer - anyone know of any?

I went to order this morning from Hi-Fi Junkies but see they are no longer trading, and not been able to find anywhere else on-line.

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Try going down North End to Audio T. They can order these and sometimes have them on display.

3. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Might have to, but it probably means going down there to order one, then waiting and going back to pick it up and paying full RRP for the privilege.

I would much rather just order on-line or on the phone and have delivered.

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
  5. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

Bestbuytv.com sell the units 10-15% cheaper than rrp and audio-T will price match and then knock a bit off to boot.

I ordered the reference hifi rack, it took 5 weeks to come but the quality and build is excellent.

6. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I have contacted Signals and await their reply.

I went to bestbuytv.com but just got a "coming soon" page - is that the correct domain name?

I contacted Audio-T a while ago and they said they only sell Quadraspire stuff at full RRP and said nothing about price matching. Also I have never heard of any bricks and mortar company price matching an internet/mail order price.

7. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    How'd it go?

I reminded Alastair at Signals about you when I saw them last week.

8. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, I got a reply and have now ordered the (QK) cabinet from signals - full RRP but that includes delivery so not so bad.

Now at least I can finally sort out the stack of equipment and cables that is currently just piled in a corner of the room.

Cheers for the info.

9. Uncle Dicky

Uncle Dicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not trying to cause offence, but why do people in this forum constantly try to knock prices down below the RRP? RRP is what we should be paying, by knocking that down for no apparent reason we are just reducing the amount of money "behind the scenes", which inevitably trickles down to R&D and thus better products. Just a thought next time you ask for money off.

R.

10. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Because most retail prices are marked up by 60% - 200%. How do think shops can have a half price sale and still make a profit.

11. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's fair enough retailers wanting to charge as much as they can for a product but what's wrong with me wanting to get something for better value?

RRP on the cabinet is £400, I had previously seen the product on-line for £375 including delivery (and the retailer was obviously still making a profit) - my point was that why should I go out of my way to go to a shop, order the cabinet, wait until they get it in stock and then go and pick it up - all for full RRP?

I am not inherently lazy but I am quite busy and I had already spent a lot of time trying to even find somewhere that even stocks these cabinets. It just frustrates me when I see something I want but can't seem to actually get it from anywhere. As it is I have now ordered from Signals but lead time is still 3 weeks! I could understand if it was some sort of custom built thing but it's just a flat-packed cabinet!

o.k. mini-rant over.