Anyone know about usb hosting ?

Headbangerdaz

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a tablet that has usb host and if I connect a memory stick it can see the files on that stick.
If I connect my phone the tablet says sd card unmounted.Doesn't make any difference how I set the phone it still comes up unmounted.

Has anyone successfully connected their tablet and phone via usb ?

What phone is it? Your phone will only be recognised if it supports mass storage mode, but if it's a modern Android handset it probably won't, it will support MTP only.

It's a Huawei Ascend G300 and yes it has usb mass storage as well as mtp options,tried them all with no success.

I haven't tried connecting to a tablet, but I've never had any problems with connecting my G300 to a laptop. SO I think the problem is with a tablet.

I don't have any problem connecting my phone to my pc,neither do I have any problem connecting my tablet to my pc or my tablet to a usb memory stick

The reason it wont work is that the phone requires a driver to connect to the pc and this cannot be replicated when connecting to a tablet(that's how I read it-http://www.xda-developers.com/tag/usb-host/)

It allows you to connect storage devices, like a flash drive, to the phone and use them (USB Mass Storage Device host). In other contexts it can allow for connection of input devices like keyboards and mice......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom