• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone know about usb hosting ?

Headbangerdaz

Established Member
I have a tablet that has usb host and if I connect a memory stick it can see the files on that stick.
If I connect my phone the tablet says sd card unmounted.Doesn't make any difference how I set the phone it still comes up unmounted.

Has anyone successfully connected their tablet and phone via usb ?

RobM

Distinguished Member
What phone is it? Your phone will only be recognised if it supports mass storage mode, but if it's a modern Android handset it probably won't, it will support MTP only.

eugenerudenko

Established Member
I haven't tried connecting to a tablet, but I've never had any problems with connecting my G300 to a laptop. SO I think the problem is with a tablet.

Headbangerdaz

Established Member
I don't have any problem connecting my phone to my pc,neither do I have any problem connecting my tablet to my pc or my tablet to a usb memory stick

twogubs

Established Member
The reason it wont work is that the phone requires a driver to connect to the pc and this cannot be replicated when connecting to a tablet(that's how I read it-http://www.xda-developers.com/tag/usb-host/)

andrenasey

Established Member
It allows you to connect storage devices, like a flash drive, to the phone and use them (USB Mass Storage Device host). In other contexts it can allow for connection of input devices like keyboards and mice......

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom