1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know about the new Hitachi Range due out in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by chrislar, Apr 12, 2005.

1. chrislar

chrislar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

After spending hours reading through all the posts, trudging round the shops decided on a Hitachi 32PD5200, sourced an on-line supplier BUT apparently this model has been discontinued !!!!

New models are due out in 2 weeks so do i wait and see what the new models have to offer (but will probably be out of my price range) or just bite the bullet and get the old one??

I thought after deciding which TV to choose from the buying part would be the easiest bit.

Thanks

2. Ellster

Ellster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I was considering the 42-inch version of the PD5200, but was put off by the inability to handle 720p/50Hz HD broadcasts.

I e-mailed Hitachi about the new models, in particular asking about a speaker-less/tuner-less version (like the 5100), HD compatibility, whether speakers on the 7200 could be detached and whether there would be 32/37 inch versions.

I got these (v quick) replies:

"At this time we have no information on the release of a 7000 minimal
    version for 2005. Both the 42PD7500 and the 42PD7200 are HDTV ready, the
    42PD7500 includes an integrated Digital TV Tuner."

"42PD7200 was released in March 2005
    42PD7500 is due for release in May 2005
    The speakers are detachable.
    No smaller sizes planned at this time"

Nexnix and QED are adverstising the PD7000s.
    QED has 42PD7200 at £2047.79

Hope this is of use...

3. lJoublanc

lJoublanc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I find this very interesting ... I currently live in France, and I ordered a 42pd5200 four weeks ago from a web retailer. In their tracking system it says they are still awaiting their supplier (Hitachi France) to receive the stock.

I got fed up and called Hitachi Fr. I was told the next shippment would arrive at the end of April, but that this would be the new model 42pd7200 which is replacing the 5200 model.

A day later I called Hitachi again but this time the person I spoke with rigurously denied this, and said that they would be receiving a shipment of 5200 at the end of the month.

I've noticed that in some previous posts I saw that UK retialers say the product is discontinued (currys I think).

So at the moment I don't know what will happen with my order :confused: Is anyone else in this situation, or can anyone confirm that this model is being replaced ... ?