Anyone know about impedence(ohms) of Sony STRDE495??

E

ensyed

I have JBL speakers about 80 watts each. I need to buy a cheap receiver. This one Sony STRDE495 seems to bit the bill but I dont see the impedence on the richer sounds web site. Does anyone know how to find this out?

Thanks

unfortunately those figures wont help. Find the impedence of your speakers first, are they 8 ohm? If so, things are fine. Are they 6 ohm? Ok things might be fine, but we now need to know the sensitivity of the speakers, if that is sufficiently high, you will be ok. Is the speaker impedence 4 ohm? Ok now you likely have a problem. In this case, you need more info about the receiver

ad

ensyed - did you buy this receiver in the end ?

I'm thinking of this too (can't afford much :( ) - what are your thoughts ?

I actually havent bought it yet. I am looking at some other receivers since my speakers are 8 ohms each and this receiver can only handle 4-8 ohms. I called Sony and they told me for the speakers I should get so for something higher or I will hear a hiss.

Ensyed,

8 ohms will be grand, normal speakers dont come with ratings higher than that! Sony are talking through their bottoms on that one im afraid (unless what they are telling you is their amp cant handle 8 ohm load in which case they should be hung drawn and quartered!).

In any case, a hiss is not what you would get were the speakers too much of a load.....

ad

Thanks

I was a bit suspicious. I am now looking at a Marantz sr5200. I know its older but on my budget I cant get much.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom