• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone just got HD installed! - don't miss this.

Ewoody

Aquariavision on artsworld: 02.00-03.00 this week.
Set your recorder now, you'll be amazed.
Filmed under the indian ocean.

In my opinion its the best HD footage to date, simply breathtaking colours.
I never knew sea-life could be so beautiful.

James Payne

Good afternoon to you all.

I have just posted about this programme on another forum.

Apparently it has been on for a while. I guess tucked away on Artsworld at 02:00hrs , it's easily missed.

Watched this mornings programme earlier. I agree , the PQ is truly amazing. Pin sharp detail , and a joy to watch (if only to marvel at the colours & detail)

Set those planners guys.

Regards James

philip birdi

Thanks for the info mate i have set mine for record

pointyone

recorded it last night and wow its amazing some of the best HD stuff i have seen

L

lcarus

pointyone said:
recorded it last night and wow its amazing some of the best HD stuff i have seen

Yup - watched it last night too - definitely a good one to keep in the planner as an HD showcase for your mates (looks great on the PV500 dont it?) ;)

ice9

thanks for the tip...just set mine for tonight....

just got my HD install done today :clap:
.....very impressed...!

have been slagging my mate off for years about cricket.....i hate it. Had to tell him today that HD made even that interesting to watch..he wasn't half mad & jealous!!!!

sommereader

Standard Member
Is this different footage each night or the same stuff repeated? Already recorded an hour eirlier in the week, and there is no doubt it demonstrates what HD can offer more please:clap: :clap:

loz

Distinguished Member
People shouldn't be applauding this but complaining about it. :thumbsdow

There has to be more to HD than "eye candy". :lesson:

Carry on praising it like this, and Sky will think all they need to put on HD is 24 hr underwater HD webcams. :suicide:

:D

sommereader

Standard Member
loz said:
People shouldn't be applauding this but complaining about it. :thumbsdow

There has to be more to HD than "eye candy". :lesson:

Carry on praising it like this, and Sky will think all they need to put on HD is 24 hr underwater HD webcams. :suicide:

:D
I tend to agree we should try to pressure Sky or whoever is making the programmes into using HD and I am sure in time they will.
However, when looking at this footage it gives us hope for the other HD channels and those that have yet to migrate to the HD format. If there was no eye candy in true HD some people might think that the upscaled SD being peddled as HD, for much of the programming on the limited number of channels available, might not be worth the money. I am sure 18 months down the line when HD recording is more the norm we won't need the sort of footage that Aquaravision provides, but for the time being at least it is useful as a technology demonstrator.:)

gerryman62

sommereader said:
I tend to agree we should try to pressure Sky or whoever is making the programmes into using HD and I am sure in time they will.
However, when looking at this footage it gives us hope for the other HD channels and those that have yet to migrate to the HD format. If there was no eye candy in true HD some people might think that the upscaled SD being peddled as HD, for much of the programming on the limited number of channels available, might not be worth the money. I am sure 18 months down the line when HD recording is more the norm we won't need the sort of footage that Aquaravision provides, but for the time being at least it is useful as a technology demonstrator.:)
agree but the more we give praise to hd like this we hope sky take note and bring there sky one and movies up to this hd standerd:lease:

SlinkDaddy

I recorded it, the pic is great but to be honest i cant sit there and watch it. Its like watching paint dry, just very very colourful paint! I think if i showed that to my mates as a SKY HD showcase it would put them off!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom