Anyone into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Dom996, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Dom996

Dom996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    As the title goes, anyone into bodybuilding or powerlifting and like to share some experience?

2. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I won a powerlifting competition in Bahrain in the 90kg class back in 1992... Was training as a bodybuilder at the time but entered for the hell of it. Funnily enough, I never did compete in bodybuilding - never felt good enough. Still train quite hard, but partially slipped two discs in '98 so the really heavy days are over...

3. golfvr6

golfvr6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah you can't beat the buzz :eek:

4. ush flynn

ush flynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    no but my cousin has won Mr North of England in his weight, and 2nd in mr UK in his weight
    Steve Flynn is his name if your into all that

5. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    I tried this lark for some time and got nowhere- wrong body type, too old and too many injuries so I opted for something more sensible.The gym I belonged to had a hardcore of body builders most of whom were shortarse Italians who were making up for their lack of inches by becoming broader. One could also tell from their eyes and skin that tehse guys were taking roids.Anyway they thought they wre the bees knees, would constantly check themselves out in the mirrors and talk about their new female conquests. One day the Chippendales arrived in town and availed themselves of the facilities( for free no doubt). These guys are all 6 ft plus and I suppose not bad looking from a womans point of view. What astounded me though was the fact the regulars who are normally so vocal , just disappeared as if to say " we cannot compete with these guys". Interestingly none of the women present seemed in the least bit impressed with them either. I expected to see knickers or leotards thrown but not a bit of it:D

6. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hmmm... You talk about stereotypical bodybuilders in an incredibly stereotypical way for a non-trainer.... 'I tried it, couldn't get anywhere... but anyway they are all self-obsessed, low-self esteemed individuals... Who'd want to look like that ? Women don't like it, etc.... ' All very typical :D

I've been accused of taking steroids many times, so I guess I have 'the look' in the laymans eyes... And whilst a lot of women find it intimidating, they are usually the lumpy ones anyway.... A fit woman appreciates a fit man, and vice versa... There just aren't all that many of either....

7. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    I wasnt dealing in stereotypes it just the guys I witnessed there. There were others who went to the gym for different reasons. For all i know the BBs were scoring every night????Its just that when the Chippies turned up their attitude changed. Quite obviously because they didnt feel top dog anymore, not for that day anyway . I am talking about a hardcore of about 8 guys -all Italians no taller than about 5'8". I also thought the women might of been salivating but I was wrong.Guess they were more interested in doing their own thing than oggling Chippies. Mind you I guess it is a bit of a generalisation to think that they all like muscle bound guys. Most seem to prefer lean fit guys.