Quantcast

Question Anyone interested in the family membership split?

Miss Mandy

I'd probably be interested in stacking if the rest of my group are.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
If prices go up we will get notice prior to the increase so we could always stack at a later date. I will stick with the 1yr please.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
If prices go up we will get notice prior to the increase so we could always stack at a later date. I will stick with the 1yr please.
Yeah I’m in agreement with this.

Foster

Distinguished Member

Qactuar

Okay preferences updated so far - assume that with no "(1-3 year)" after a name, it's a one year option. Let's get a few more names down and go from there. We at least have 7 days grace etc.

Should have a few more names come lunch/afternoon tomorrow when the updates go live on eShop etc.

Thanks all - very speedy replies and much better take-up than expected!

Next steps: when all the names are in (and ongoing), I'll set up group conversations so people can share the relevant details with the group admin/owner. The rest should be plain sailing :D

Night-night!

BMox81

Distinguished Member

Bossk128

I'm in too please, happy to stack up to 3y.

Qactuar

Too fiddly to do moving on my mobile, so will do first thing.

For those who've opted for single, does anyone volunteer to be the main account holder?

Cheers in advance

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Just seen this, I’m happy to got to 3 years.

garnat

I'm in, I haven't used my switch much online as yet, this could be a good excuse and foster a nice little community. At this price I'm happy with with up to 3 years.

Qactuar

Similarly, I am going to investigate the feasibility of buying the stacked accounts through the south Africa eShop, as this may be as low as £23 for a family account.

Let's have a scout and see what occurs!

prezzy

Forgot to put I would also be interested in stacking membership as well.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Similarly, I am going to investigate the feasibility of buying the stacked accounts through the south Africa eShop, as this may be as low as £23 for a family account.

But then wouldn’t all 8 have to be logged into the South African eShop to be able to join that family group?
Allowing any random 8 in a family is one thing but allowing 8 from different regions cannot be possible can it?

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Meh, what the hell. If everyone else is going in on the stacking, might as well add me to the list.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member

I don't have or want to set up foreign accounts on any of my systems, if getting it from Africa requires an African account please remove me from the list.

I am happy to join another list with a UK family pass for either a year or multiple.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
In regards to the "family" aspect, I'm assuming we will all be made admins yes? Everyone is of equal footing.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
I don't have or want to set up foreign accounts on any of my systems, if getting it from Africa requires an African account please remove me from the list.

I am happy to join another list with a UK family pass for either a year or multiple.
I agree with this. Whilst paying the least possible appeals, I’d prefer the process to be as simple as possible.

UK for me too.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
In regards to the "family" aspect, I'm assuming we will all be made admins yes? Everyone is of equal footing.
I have no idea how it all works but maybe the person who pays and activates the family pass should remain in control of the account. Anything could happen over a year or three and having 8 at the steering wheel could cause some problems in the future.

PFMC84

From what I understand, the region is irrelevant, you can still change your region as and when you like to access the different eShop's. It has no bearing on the Family subscription. I think the automatic renewal has to be switched off for users to be allowed to switch regions as they please.

Last edited:

Qactuar

As above. Only the "admin" would need to go via SA. I'm only looking at it, don't worry - it's about a £1 saving each, so if it's fiddly, I wouldn't bother :) Nobody would be affected other than the person buying it via SA and Switching (ha) back.

I can't find out much for now, so likelihood is that it won't be a consideration, fear not!

Qactuar

Whomever sets it up is the one who sets others' roles - the idea is that everyone is given the maximum role, whatever that is.

Will take a look now and go from there.

Obviously, if someone decides they would rather not proceed, don't feel obliged; there is no requirement if you prefer not to!

skysnapper

Interested but if say the family group was UK, would you be able to change your region in your profile to Russia , South Africa etc, when you want to bu game for that region? Or would your profile only allow UK?

Trending threads

Latest News

Hisense abandons OLED TV models
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Loewe back after Skytec takeover
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Kef Reference Series gets new finish and additional model
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim announces native Qobuz support for its streaming hardware