Anyone in the know? Interior dash repair

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Evokazz, Oct 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Evokazz

Evokazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    About 6 months ago we bought a KIA Ceed 3 which is a lovely little motor, it was pre owned and the dashboard on the passengers side was pretty scuffed up and was a bit of an eyesore. There was about 8 lines that looked like someones shoes had rubbed on it. We tried everything, magic eraser, polish you name it nothing fixed it. So I bought one of those textured anti slip mats and put it on the dash to cover, problem solved. I'm currently not driving (taking test next month) but misses is driving the car.

The anti slip matt came off and she decided to glue it back on to prevent it coming off again.....don't ask. She used Gorilla Glue.......

Now it's fine while we own the car, it looks pretty cool where the mat is, and we are happy with it, but I went mad knowing she used glue on it as now the dashboard is basically ruined. Meaning when the time comes to sell the car, it's value will take a hit...were talking about 5 years away before selling, so that's if this matt even stays on till then!

The dashboard is textured Vinyl, it feels solid, but if you press on it, it gives. Almost plastic but you can tell it's a vinyl of sorts. What kind of cost are we looking to get it recovered and looking new? I know a few people who have already suggested buying a whole new dashboard from scrapyard and fitting it, but I'd rather just get someone to fix it. I am guessing a recover is the only option as I doubt it can be repaired. Where would I even go to get this done and what's it likely to cost?

2. car-man

car-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    The usual people who do dent repairs and the like will offer a dashboard/interior trim repair service.

3. kryton85

kryton85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I can recommend someone in Norwich but don’t know if that’s any use to you?