1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here with Yamaha RXV-650!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CosmicOne, Sep 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can any of u guys that have the Yammy RXV-650 reach it's back & tell me how much watt it consumes?? it will be next to the voltage like 230V xxxW

coz am comparing it to the 750 & i want to see if there is a difference on power section. the 750 consumes 440W.

2. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Not being funny or anything but why do you need to know this? just like to know for myself thats all ;)

3. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The power consumption figures indicate the real Wattage power the amp can give,coz as u know u can't get much power from something that u feed it with,so i want to know it's power consumption to compare it to others & forget about the markting power figures we see on ads.

the DSP-AX750SE for example is only consumes 440W(while Yamaha said 140Wx7=980W which can't be achived while feeding only 440W of power) & the RXV1400 consumes 500W so some guys says the processor & preamps may take something like 100W then u left with 340W (in case of 750) to power ur speakers 340W/7speakers.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Electrical and acoustical power are two seperate things.
    There may be some correlation between them but it is alot more complex than your sums.
    To give an example an amplifiers output power can be measured for different impedences, and with allowance for certain levels of distortion. Which figure would you use to calculate it! also you would need to take into account the 100 watt power output for plugging an external item through the amp!
    So this is why your figures don't add up and why the power consumptions only relevance is on your electricity bill.
    I do realise that a more powerful amp will draw more power but it isn't as simple as the sum you have used.
    (Well i'm pretty sure and am happy to be corrected)

5. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    still dubious i'm sure the maths are more complicated but it's too late right now!!

7. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to give a yamaha example though check out their mxd1 they claim a 500watt at 8ohm output per channel yet the amplifier draws 350 watts. They could not make this claim if the audio figure and electrical figure were as directly assosciated as the article you linked to claims.

8. Guitar Man

Guitar Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the Yamaha RX-V650 manual, power consumption is 440 W. You can download the complete manual in pdf form from the Yamaha website.

9. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about this man,but u see many people say they have Stereo amps which outputs something like 250W perchannel & consume 1000W.

maybe as u said it has something more than that.

10. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Guitar Man,am downloading the manual now,but i see many wrong images to the back of recivers on Yamaha PDF's,i wish it's right this time.

11. Guitar Man

Guitar Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take a look at the specifications on page 82 of the manual.

12. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Guitar Man i downloaded the manual & i saw it.