Anyone here use an all in one system for their pc sound system?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Moldiver, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Moldiver

Moldiver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Made a thread in the 'All in one' section but seeing almost every thread based on the unit i'm looking at have no replies thought i would come here as it's mostly gonna be used for gaming.

I'm moving into my own house and seeing as i will have my own living room it's time to split up the stuff i currently have in my entertainment room.

Currently have 5 consoles a PC and SkyHD hooked up to my av receiver, the consoles and Sky will go to the living room along with the receiver and 5.1 seperate system. The PC and my Samsung D8000 TV will go to the spare room that happens to be a bar, problem now is i have no speakers.

Will an all in one system be appropiate for PC use or will i have to go back 10 years and buy a dedicated set of pc speakers? PC use is games and the occasional movie if the living room is occupied.

Two systems i'm looking at are the Sony BDV-N590 and the Panasonic SCBTT590, nothing new but i can get either or for a good price.

Also could buy a satalite setup and a cheap reciever like these Boston Acoustics Soundware XS SE, the Boston's paired with a 5 star whathifi amp for the same price as the other two sounds like a good idea actually so now I've got 3 options and and no idea what to do.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. TheBlueBrazil

TheBlueBrazil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    I'm using an old Panasonic AIO 5.1 type setup with my PC. Hooked up via an optical cable.

Does the job.

3. KhalJimbo

KhalJimbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +789
    I used to use an old Samsung one hooked up via Optical, it worked a treat and did exactly what I wanted it to do. Now I hook my new PC up to my Denon\XTZ setup in my living room which is an even better treat!