Anyone here use a Harmony and XBMC ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dUnKle, Dec 31, 2006.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,887
    Have a problem - have the official IR dongle for the orignal xbox but lost the little black and green remote :( as such I can not teach my harmony commands from it

Anyone know of a way that I can control XBMC using a harmony - the IR dongle and maybe the 360 remote codes ?

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Just add a Game Console to your device list and set it up as the Microsoft Xbox and it'll do the rest. No?

I'll give it a try on my 555 seeing as I haven't tried adding the Xbox in yet and I'll get back to you if all works okay within XBMC.

3. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Well, just tried it and the Xbox and XBMC work fine using the default device found when selecting an Xbox in the device set up for a games console :smashin:

Didn't have to use my Xbox remote to input any commands. Still a pity that we don't have a power off/on command even though the device sets them up on the 555 :(

4. D-an-W

D-an-W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    For that you need the X3 mod and IR addon which looks a pain to fit...:thumbsdow

5. -BA-

-BA-
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the Harmony 885 and absolutely love it. From memory, the old XBox was a bit of a pain so I cant remember whether I used the remote to teach it or created individual commands. The XBox 360, on the other hand, was a different kettle of fish. I just added the profile from the website and it worked straight away. Never even bought an official remote to do it.

A superb remote that is only let down by the sometimes slightly dodgy connection when sitting in its cradle, although it has never run out of battery on me. Very funky looks and the macros work well for me. Can't wait to program it for my new LCD. :D

6. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Hey guys, my remote arrived yesterday but had to charge it so will play around with it tonight in more detail after work :thumbsup:

Just want to check before I start looking around on ebay, does one need the IR plugin for the standard old Xbox? I'd like to use the remote for XBMC :)

7. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Yes