Anyone here thinking about acting or directing?

littlewonder

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone of you moviefans want to act themselves or maybe direct a movie?
has any of you ever played apart in a movie?
I would have liked to when i was younger but never really tried

Anyone of you moviefans want to act themselves or maybe direct a movie?
has any of you ever played apart in a movie?
I would have liked to when i was younger but never really tried

I daresay many of us have the odd fantasy to do this but then reality kicks in like a mule and we get on with our lifes. Having said that I've beem pals with a director and a couple of extras.

:D
Bri

I suppose they are dream jobs. I'd like to give either a go. I think that the new X factor should be acting. With a movie ending.

Acting no. Directing yes. Although I think I'd rather be involved in the art department, maybe as the main production designer. Alternatively something to do with special/visual effects would be good.

I'm always dreaming about directing and winning the Oscar for best picture and director every time I make a film as I'd only make a film every 3 years. However I'd never attend the ceremony because I believe art shouldn't compete and never give any TV interviews or go on junkets and only give interviews to serious newspaper journalists.

I suppose they are dream jobs. I'd like to give either a go. I think that the new X factor should be acting. With a movie ending.

maybe you should talk to some tv director.....

not a bad idea, i'm sick of all our "talented" singers

Yes and have done so many times......

..... in my dreams. :D

Life and times of an AVF mod in 3D!

Sounds like a winner to me :D

Me and a mate used to make amatuer films and send them to various festivals. They did win some awards and such but nothing really came of them after that apart from reviews online etc. Although we did sell one to some Mexican TV channel(I know it sounds bazzare) back in 2002 called Saul's Pupils, but I'm not sure if it was ever shown. Our last film, Don't Look in the Attic (28mins, 2005) is availabe on You Tube or via midnightpictures.co.uk along with our very first film, Zombie Genocide (68mins 1993;labour of love!) which has got the title of being the first zombie film made in Ireland.
In total we made 5 from 1993 - 2005. They were all funded by ourselves with me mainly directing and shooting. My mate wrote and scored them (it's his webiste mentioned above). It was good fun and while we got great satisfaction on seeing the completed thing and hearing that people liked them it was ultimately hard going.

You can search on Google and it'll throw up reviews etc.

Last edited:
nice story, i will check it out on YT

i once played a part in a studentproject (filmacademy), a short film about a soldier in vietnam becoming psychotic, great score written by a friendmusician
Very well received at the filmacademy but that was it, end of acting

any more stories?

love to star in a movie
and would equally like to direct a movie too :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom