Anyone here have a Gameswitch? Issue with my Dell 2405FPW.

PLazarou

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My PS3 arrived today and with the help of a Gameswitch, I can hook it up at 1080p via HDMI to my old 2405FPW (a two-year-old 1920x1200 monitor without HDCP).

This function is working great, and it's a wonderfully crisp image. However, the Gameswitch is supposed to accept the DVI-out from the PC, so one can easily switch between PS3@1920x1080 and PC@1920x1200.

Trouble is, when I press the switch, the monitor enters self-test mode, as if there is no signal from the PC. A simple re-plugging of the cable brings the image back. It's just a bit frustrating having to do this.

Sorry this is a very specific issue, probably only applicable to the Gameswitch and 2405FPW combination. I'm hoping someone has these products...?

Ok, seems like none of you have these products. :)

Anyway, a little update. A couple of days after I posted that, the monitor blew up. I had turned it on as normal, and there was a loud bang like a firework going off, followed by a slight burning smell... :eek: It made me jump, to say the least.

I'm not sure whether I can blame it on the GameSwitch, but it does seem like a bit of a coincidence that my monitor died a few days after using a GameSwitch after two years of flawless operation. Thank goodness for Dell's three-year warranty.

They immediately sent me a replacement, which was the 2407WFP! This has HDCP, so I don't need the GameSwitch anymore. I'm sending it back for a refund. So it's all worked out rather nicely.:thumbsup: Pics on the way...

Just a side note - do all Dell monitors have a 3 year warranty by default or did you pay extra for the 3 years?

dukester_uk, I bought it from Pixels UK, who are apparently the only UK distributor. There's a link in my first post.

russd1978, as far as I know all Dell monitors have a three year warranty.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom