1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here got winning eleven 7? If not you are missing out on the best game ever.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by tony kop77, Sep 8, 2003.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    I bought winning eleven 7 last week and have to say the game is quality. I have downloaded patches that changes the game into English and updates the grounds, Anfield and Chelsea look superb Chelsea even have flags reading pride of London in the stands amongst the crowd.

The teams now have their proper badges proper kits are on the way and the transfers are up to date with the patches. The game play is much more fluid and smooth the players make clever runs and it plays just like real football.

I was facing my own goal with a defender on my back last night but i flicked the ball in the air then flicked over the defenders head and turned the defender best move I have seen so far.

I was playing against one of my firneds last night 5 hours on this game it really is that good. The ball moves just like it should and bobbles when a low shot is hit along the ground. The ref now plays advantage, my firned was playing as Chelsea Jimmy was through on goal my defender could not catch him so I atytempoted to bring him down I caught him but Jimmy just stayed on his feet the ref played advantage and he went on to score.

I was just wandering if anyone else here has this game and what do they think to it. If you have not got the game you are missing out on the best football game ever without doubt.

2. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had it since release, and yes it's great. It's even better than WE6:FE, and is in a different league to PES2.

You say you've got an English language patch already? Where did you get it from? I've downloaded an Options file that sorts the team and player names, but I didn't realise there was a language patch out yet...

3. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
  4. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, cheers. Think I will just wait for the WeDoIt patch though. I can navigate all the menus from memory now - the only thing I can't do is play Master League.

5. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Probably also worth mentioning that PES3 is based on WE7 as KCET have streamlined the development process so they are not developing as many versions - so a English version is only a month or so away :smashin:

Obviously the JAP version (WE7) will always be slightly ahead but from all the reading i have done PES3 is going to remain faithful to WE7 in game mechanics (ie they are not going to muck about with the passing like they did in PES2)

I myself will probably have both, but i know Wendetta are doing a 100% patch for WE7 and their work on WE6:FE was awesome

Have to agree though some of the skills in WE7 are stunning the first time you pull them off.

6. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After the mess they made of PES2 I'm not too confident for PES3. We'll see...

7. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    If you go to the evo forums, they are talking about it on there. One of the guys has a press copy and says the differences are minor

At the end of the day, as with WE6 FE, eventually a 100% translation for WE7 with lots of other bits will come out and it will no doubt be better than PES3, unless of course the modding scene decides to do patches for PES3 as well.

Trouble is PES3 will be on DVD due to the different commentaries for europe whereas WE7 is on CDR as it only has jap commentary, being on DVD puts off the patchers as lots of people still don't have DVD writers (though this is changing)