Anyone here got virgin media 24/7 free phone service?

Merlin5

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got offered 24/7 free calls to UK landlines including line rental for £5 a month. It's apparently a promotion for loyal virgin customers. Added to my current 10mbit BB of £19 pm, that's £24 a month for everything. It would go up to £32.95 a month after the first 12 months, but if I inform them I want to renew the package 30 days before 12 months expires, they'll keep me at the £24. Sounds pretty good to me.
Just wanna know if anyone who uses virgin phone package finds the phone service as decent as BT or if there's any problems?

If I go with them, it'll cost me £7.50 penalty for every month remaining to break the contract wth BT, (contract runs till july 2010) but that's cheaper than staying with BT and paying £11.25 a month line rental plus their call charges.
Also, I can keep my BT phone number. Shall I go for it? Virgin media are calling me on saturday, on my request, to find out if I want to go ahead. It'll take about 10 days to swap me over apparently. If the phone is as good as the BB, I'd be happy enough.

The one service I've never had a problem with is the phone service.

Sounds like a "no-brainer" to me.

I have the VIP package which includes the phone (free 24/7) and (touch wood!) have had no problems with it.

I'll got for it. £5 a month for phone line rental + free calls 24/7 v BT's £11.25pm line rental + call charges.

You're right, it's a no brainer! :hiya:

Well I spoke to yet another customer service rep and got yet another figure, this time £22. Seems to be a lottery as to what number they pull out of their bag. Telephone engineer coming round friday. The 13th:eek:
Sorted. Just realised, this is the wrong virgin media forum to have posted in, but thought I'd update you anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom