Anyone here going to buy NHL2k6?

tony kop77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading about 7 reviews on the net about this game it seems it averages around 8 out of ten.
The game looks good and plays just as well on line with no lag and is easy to set up matches on line. Is anyone here buying this game when it is released March10th?
I have seen it for £35 from Gameplay but doesn't seem many people are discussing the game on forums.

crazzy kopite said:
After reading about 7 reviews on the net about this game it seems it averages around 8 out of ten.
The game looks good and plays just as well on line with no lag and is easy to set up matches on line. Is anyone here buying this game when it is released March10th?
I have seen it for £35 from Gameplay but doesn't seem many people are discussing the game on forums.
i would but its a '2k sports' game, and theyre usually crap.

I'm a hockey fan (Season ticket holder at the Coventry Blaze) but I think I'll be renting this one and then buying the 2K7 version. While this is slightly improved its still mostly a port so I'll be waiting till they take advantage of the 360 before I buy a copy.

I'm sure I'll really enjoy the rental though.

Noggin1980 said:
I'm a hockey fan (Season ticket holder at the Coventry Blaze)

See you online for some elite league battles

Panthers man myself (was the photographer there before I moved onto football), bit of an indifferent season for your boys after last season.

Vini said:
i would but its a '2k sports' game, and theyre usually crap.

You're kidding right? 2K Sports' game's always play well, most people who have played both NBA Live 2006 and NBA 2K6 prefer the latter.

Both NFL and NHL 2K5 scored over 9/10 in most reviews for the Xbox/PS2.

I'll be picking up NHL 2K6 for sure.

Still tempted to buy this game even though reviews say it is just the same as the xbox version though the crowd are better.

can you play against US players?, 2k4 was only european players and 2K5 was not online...

ill be buying it since its the only hockey game available just now, dont want to wait until october or november for a hockey game,
( a fife flyers fan)

are we ever going to see an elite league, or uk league hockey game?

or is our sport so poor, fanless and 'underground' that there wouldnt be enough interest in it?

Got mine ordered with Gameplay, bargain at £34.99. :)

noikz said:
Got mine ordered with Gameplay, bargain at £34.99. :)

thats where ive ordered mine from, i should hopefully have it on thursday. :smashin:

Got mine on order as well.

Have you checked out the achievments?, they're a joke, there are only 5 to get! one of which is to score inside a minute

Guys check your order status as you might even get it tomorow though I have never recieved a game from Gameplay on a Wednesday.

I've got the Xbox version, and it's excellent. The EA Sports NHL06 for the 360, is, in common with its xbox brother, as close to knitting as it is to proper hockey.

My US pals classify games by company like this (and having played most of them, I tend to agree)

Basketball

EA=crap, 2k6 excellent

American football

EA= good(madden) or excellent (NCAA), 2k5 excellent (although the franchise mode is poor). There will be no NFL 2k6, due to EA buying the exclusive NFL licence

Baseball

EA=excellent (MVP baseball), 2k5 OK (some significant gamebreaking issues) - not seen 2k6 review yet

Hockey

EA=poor (NHL06), NHL 2k6 excellent

Not only were the bulk of the 2k5/2k6 series excellent, but they were also released at $19.99 in the US, in an attempt to defeat EA.

I ove football but there are no football games for the 360 apart frm PES5 which I have al patched up on my playstation 2.
Is this ice hocky game worth buying considering I got Fight Night 3 today and Advanced warfighters tomorow plus Burnout Revenge next week then Oblivioun.
Is NHL2K6 that good and will it play well on line?

Im interested in getting NHL2K6 maybe.. will it include all NHLPH 2006 data and most importantly, the rule changes in the NHL for this new season?

Also, sorry to divert slightly off topic, does anyone know if there will be a Major League Baseball game released for the 360 anytime soon?

Cheers

Dan

I have this game on pre-order from Gameplay, slightly confused as my order in my account page shows expected delivery date between the 8th and 9th March, however there website is showing the game as not out till the 31st?

Anyway when it does come out feel free to add me to your friends list for some proper games.

Yeh why have NBA 2K6 and NHL 2K6 gone from being released this Friday to now the 31st March?? :confused: :( :thumbsdow

Not sure whats going on as Amazon and Play are both still saying release date is 10th March, suppose I'll find out in the next few days.

well ive just cancelled nhl2k6 from gameplay as its not out on friday, it comes out on the 31st of march now 2ksports can go to hell now, i phoned my local game and they have it as the 31st march when it comes out.:mad: :mad:

For :censored: sake. All i want to do is play a :censored: game of Hockey on my 360

Pooon said:
For :censored: sake. All i want to do is play a :censored: game of Hockey on my 360

Same here, the yanks have had it bloody ages.
And I was really looking forward to this.:rolleyes:

I`m off to check my Play order for GR AW .... AGAIN!

Spoony.

The way its going Id be suprised if they release them. I remember them doing this with one of the NFL and MLB one year and they just decided to can them.

Gameplay just confirmed with me that both the 2k games are now put back till 31st March. THankfully GR3 is being sent out today to make up for it :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom