Anyone help out a noob?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by the chop, Mar 17, 2006.

Tags:
  1. the chop

the chop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First af all hello everyone:hiya: My old sony(13years) is on it's way out, so it's time to get somthing up to date, but what?

I'm not a big film buff, it will be used mainly for everyday tv xbox 360 and ps3 when it comes out.

after reading the plasma vs LCD in FAQ i'm a bit lost, is there a more up to date review of plasma vs LCD, as LCD caught up to plasma since the nov 03 review like it was saying are they better at handling motion now.

Any help would be great, the chop.

2. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    LCD isn't better at handling motion than Plasma is... response times can still be an issue. Especially with live sports.

I think for the foreseeable future, if you're not interested in films then Plasma may be better as it's much more forgiving with offair signals. Plasma has a lower resolution so less scaling needs to be done... in short, generally better picture :p So even if you get a high definition Plasma, it may still look nicer with offair signals due to the lower resolution than LCD.

With consoles LCD will shine due it's inherent lack of any image retention or screenburn whatsoever... generally speaking though if you're careful with a Plasma, you won't get screenburn and seldom get image retention... of course, it may still happen!

3. the chop

the chop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers stuart.