1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Help Me Get The Right Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TOMSONH1, Jan 19, 2005.

1. TOMSONH1

TOMSONH1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP PLEASE LOOKING FOR PLASMA ANYONE HELP ON WHATS GOOD

would like one with a very good picture as my living room aint big and would like picture in picture so whats the best one to get and were from thanx in advance cheers :clap: :thumbsup:

2. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much are you willing to spend?

3. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
  4. robin78

robin78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Asking this in a forum of plasma owners will almost certainly result in everybody praising his/her own brand type as being the best choice...
    I don't have a plasma (yet) I'm in the process of saving money and making up my mind on which plasma to buy... It's really a matter on how much you are willing and able to spend. My budget is around € 3000 so my investigations focused on that segment.

Looking plasmas side-to-side in the entry segment (less then €2500) I would go for the LG RZ-42PX11, it seems that the XD engine of LG really makes the PQ stand out (in a good way) It features a double tuner (PIP) and has DVI input.

In the next price range (€2501 to €3000) I tend to go for the LG RZ-42PX12 which is the basicly the same as the PX11 but with 1024X768 resolution. However I did not see the plasma side-by-side to other plasmas yet.

As you state that your living room is not that big you might considder a smaller screensize (42" might be to big for your room?) you might be better off with a 37"

Just to make things clear, I'm not working for LG or particular LG minded (the only thing I own from LG is the DVD burner in my computer) but in my opionion they make currently the best value for money plasmas.

The best advice is, go out to the shops and compare the plasmas with your own eyes, try to few them at the same distance as you would in your living room. Go on quiet hours and ask them to play a (good quality) DVD (maybe bring your own, so it's always the same) If you, unlike me, like to watch footbal try to watch some on the plasmas (many plasmas seem to have problems with this)

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    I would agree with Robin.

I would second the LG, it will do everything you want in one box.
    The Panasonics are a little better and they do a 37" but it is just the panel and you need to add a tuner (sky) and sound, a £200 pioner/panasonic job would give you better sound than any built in plasma seakers, so works out alot more money.

But for an overall good screen that you can get home and plug in you would fing it had to beat the LG I reckon.