Anyone help a novice set up

malcster1975

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded to a oled 856 65” Phillips

I have a series x Xbox which is plugged into hdmi 2.1 port 1 for the 100hz

Sky hd is plugged in no3

Now I have a Panasonic 450 4k player and a Phillips sound bar that can use earc or std arc
Should the 4k playerGo in the other hdmi 2.1 or the sound bar

Final question any settings for optimal picture quality

Put the 4k player in port 4 (hdmi 2.0) as the benefits of hdmi 2.1 are not utilized by the 4k player, so use the eARC port (hdmi port 2) for your sound bar.

Picture quality is subjective to what you prefer personally, also lighting, TV positioning etc. But if you want relatively close to what content providers intend then start off in film maker mode (or similar) and then tweak things to what you like. I turn off all picture processing and increased the panels brightness, that's it...

Not a problem, I'm still trying to sort mines out fully (finding the odd niggle here and there) so feel free to ask if you want more help, I'll do what I can. Failing that there's lots of people on here who know their stuff.

I've also got a Panasonic 450 player, and the philips 65oled936, so more or less the same set up there.

If you look at my post you'll see that I have a dolby vision problem when using the audio hdmi on the Panasonic player, something to be aware of, but you might not need to use it with your soundboard being eARC compatible. My AV receiver is ARC only, thus my audio and video split.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom