1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone heard the Sony HT-SL500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by nickb23, Dec 13, 2004.

1. nickb23

nickb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I am unfortunatley having to downgrade my AV setup at the moment, as my Yam DSP-A5 amp is just too big to keep under my TV (tosh 32zd26P) and have the glass door closed. I have had a look around for an amp with sat speakers which is about 33 cm deep. The Sony HT-SL500 came up in my search, but cannot find any reviews/ info anywhere. Has anyone heard it playing? Or does anyone have another suggestion? Needs to have DSP DD5.1 PLII and min 2 digital inputs (DVD + SKY+). Also no DVD is needed, as my Tosh one is great.

Thanks Guys

NickB23

2. allycomet

allycomet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Purchased said item last week. Chuffed to bits with system connected to my 32 inch Philips widescreen tele, Sky and Tosh DVD player. Surround sound via 5 x 60w speakers and 120w sub is awesome whether music, TV or DVDs....living in a detatched house has its benefits!!!. System does have PLII and DCS (Digital Cinema Sound developed by Sony which uses DSP....according to manual). DVD connection is available digitally using co-ax cable supplied or optical lead and an optical connection is available for sat.
    Great value @ £198.00 inc delivery from robertwhyteltd.co.uk