Anyone heard of ticketmarket.com?

smelly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bit late now as I've already order the tickets :rolleyes: but until I get them into my grubby little hands I'm not going to feel confident.

My Mum and Dad who are staying with me for Christmas mentioned they would love to see the Sound of Music. Now they don't normally go to shows or concerts and I thought this would be fantastic to get them out and doing something different. It was too late for a Christmas present but their wedding anniversary is in March and Connie Fisher is singing up until the end of March so I thought I'd go for around then. Tried a couple of usual ticket websites and thats when I realised the shows a lot more popular than I thought :eek: Nothing left on any of the standard places but I found some left at this ticketmarket place at just slightly over face value.

Its done now but don't feel 100% confident I'm going to get them....not sure why!

Ah well, you live and learn :D

You sure it ticketmarket.com? That site doesn't even exist! Maybe you mean ticketmaster?

God my heart stopped when you said that :eek: then I realised I typed it wrong :rolleyes: its www.myticketmarket.com.

Wish it was ticketmaster - have bought loads of tickets from them no problem.

Edit: just noticed when I double checked the link that its part of souldouteventtickets.com (nifty name eh!). It looks like a trading place to buy unwanted tickets. Not sure I feel better or not!!

God, I hate ticketmaster :mad:
I ordered tickets for a Villa game well early, but ended up having to queue for them, as they never posted :mad:

Oops sorry to remind you of that! I suppose its just shows you can have good and bad experiences with any company...

Fingers crossed :lease:

Haven't used them personally but the site looks legit.

According to themselves - 'MyTicketMarket was started by fans and aficionados like yourselves who were tired of being let down by ticket companies and/or not receiving the level of service they expect and deserve.

At MyTicketMarket we provide a 100% guarantee on each sale so that you can buy with confidence time, after time, after time.'

:)

how did you pay ?..... if it's by CC then you should be insured.... if it's by DD card then i'm not so sure...

how did you pay ?..... if it's by CC then you should be insured.... if it's by DD card then i'm not so sure...
By CC and have checked that I'm insured ok :smashin:

Ticketmaster

2 x Tickets to any given show - 49.98
Delivery - 12.99
Booking fee - 24.57
Surcharge - 8.99
VAT - 16.89

Paying more for admin than tickets... priceless.
I know :eek:

I couldn't understand the VAT on top :confused: I always thought that VAT was included..

I know :eek:

I couldn't understand the VAT on top :confused: I always thought that VAT was included..
I assume at that price the delivery is undertaken in person by one of the Queen's footmen in a stagecoach?

And what the hell is the difference between the surcharge and booking fee?

I assume at that price the delivery is undertaken in person by one of the Queen's footmen in a stagecoach?

And what the hell is the difference between the surcharge and booking fee?
About £16 :mad:

Hi,

I don't mean to sound alarmist here, but there was a guy/company who was reported on the BBC series "Watchdog" for several weeks in the early half of 2006, for offering customers tickets to music gigs, sporting events, etc, and half of the time, the events weren't even confirmed as going ahead, and/or the customers were paying for non-existant tickets that the Ticketing Company didn't even actually have in their persession (e.g. they were getting people to pay for tickets that weren't theirs to sell, and hence no guarantee that you'd get the ticket(s) you'd ordered and paid for)!

I can't remember the name of the organisation concerned, but have a look at this news story here!

Pooch

Ticketmarket has now been taken over by getmein.com. I bought tickets for takethat in jan07 for 17 nov 07. tickets hadnt arrived 15 nov so phoned with concerns, told not to worry tickets would arrive on morning of concert. Surprise surprise phone call recieved with a lame appology that tickets couldnt be honoured as couldnt meet demands. I explained had bought train tickets, and paid hotel, told sorry madam can give refund of tickets thats it. Two days to go to concert and left with nothing. Absoloutely disgusting. I urge people do not deal with this company, will be left with hotel and travel expenses and nothing else!

Welcome to the forum Sharon. Could you supply a few more details about the takeover as this sounds like a serious business. When (roughly) did the takeover occur? also bear in mind this is quite an old thread you have resurrected.

Dave (Moderator)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom