Anyone heard of Samsung UE55HU6900

swanny78

Established Member
Reaction score
Its a 4k TV for only £1400 but I can not see any reviews for it, and its not on Samsung website. Concerned about the quality, on what seems like a very good deal?

I might be wrong but isn't this Sammys "low cost" market entry 55" - I think I read somewhere that is not a samsung panel

yes also confused on if its 3d or not some sites say yes others no

I think this is a very tempting deal. It's the same as the HU7500 range except no 3D and no Freesat tuner. Like the other range it has the HEVC codec which has the potential for 4k streaming over the net.

The only reservation I have is the 200hz refresh rate, which seems rather low. Samsung's models from last year had refresh rates of 800hz or more. It could be irrelevant though.

There's also a 40" version for £999, but I think that's too small for 4k.

The range comes out in early June.

I think this is a very tempting deal. It's the same as the HU7500 range except no 3D and no Freesat tuner. Like the other range it has the HEVC codec which has the potential for 4k streaming over the net.

The only reservation I have is the 200hz refresh rate, which seems rather low. Samsung's models from last year had refresh rates of 800hz or more. It could be irrelevant though.

There's also a 40" version for £999, but I think that's too small for 4k.

The range comes out in early June.

Believe me, it really is a poor effort from Samsung no matter what i've done with it the Picture is really not very good

Would you recommend spending another £500 and getting the UE55HU7500? I see in another thread you said the build quality of the 7500 and 8500 ranges was much better.

Completely different level of build and picture quality IMO, also seek out a properly setup
Sharp UQ10 in either 60/70 inch sizes, I know it's not a proper 4k set but it handles 4k content
Fantastically well, and it's priced well £1799/2999. And I've not seen a set as well built for ages.

Completely different level of build and picture quality IMO, also seek out a properly setup
Sharp UQ10 in either 60/70 inch sizes, I know it's not a proper 4k set but it handles 4k content
Fantastically well, and it's priced well £1799/2999. And I've not seen a set as well built for ages.

There seem very few UK vendors of the Sharp UQ10 that I could find. No UK reviews. AVS has an active thread on the Sharp range and the UQ's seem well received. It is heavy = well built.

Believe me, it really is a poor effort from Samsung no matter what i've done with it the Picture is really not very good
Do you own this tv or do you work in selling tvs? What issues does it have?
Seen the 50 inch version in Currys. Was told the Transformers demo was upscaled blu ray. Was then told it was 4k. I asked for a 1080p demo and was shown a dvd rip of TDKR and was told it was blu ray....
I gave up at that point!

I'm in trade and sell the full Samsung range, I really think that Samsung are just trying to meet a particular price point, the build is very lightweight, the HU7500/8500 are lightyears better, but at their prices you'd understand that!

I'm going to have a proper go at it today to see if there's a setting that works, I watched a bit of the FA Cup final on Saturday on the HU6900 and the motion handling was a bit problematic, showing a fair bit of blur, with the limited 4k demo content we have it looks very good, but not as good as the HU7500/8500 or as I mentioned was it as good as the UQ10 Sharp that I compared it with last week.

So bare with me and i'll see what can be done! It maybe just finger trouble on my behalf....

I'm in trade and sell the full Samsung range, I really think that Samsung are just trying to meet a particular price point, the build is very lightweight, the HU7500/8500 are lightyears better, but at their prices you'd understand that!

I'm going to have a proper go at it today to see if there's a setting that works, I watched a bit of the FA Cup final on Saturday on the HU6900 and the motion handling was a bit problematic, showing a fair bit of blur, with the limited 4k demo content we have it looks very good, but not as good as the HU7500/8500 or as I mentioned was it as good as the UQ10 Sharp that I compared it with last week.

So bare with me and i'll see what can be done! It maybe just finger trouble on my behalf....
Looking forward to your thoughts as going to Currys and asking them is like throwing darts in the dark!
My initial impression is that transformers looked very good but I had no idea if it was 4k or 1080p upscaled. If it was the latter then I'm impressed. If not, then the 4k material on the 8500 is clearly way ahead of the 6900....but then again, it was different material so not a like for like comparison which is why I walked away scratching my head :confused:

Received one of these today and I am really pleased with it. Backlight is the most even I've had on a LCD for years...zero clouding or torch light effect. Currently watching the Brazil v Holland game and can't see any problems there either, except for Brazils defending :) ...and I'm very fussy. Maybe I got very lucky with this panel? Haven't managed to watch any 4k content yet but overall I'm happy with it.

Yes I bought the 50 inch version for £949 from Currys and very happy with it. The picture with Full HD or Ultra HD content looks amazing. I don't like 3D so it's nice not paying for a feature I wouldn't want anyway and the advanced motion compensation effects I turn off anyway. What did annoy me was Currys tried to sell me a "4K" HDMI cable when I bought the TV even though there is no such thing, as well as the extra breakdown protection even though it came with 5 year guarantee

Its a 4k TV for only £1400 but I can not see any reviews for it, and its not on Samsung website. Concerned about the quality, on what seems like a very good deal?
If you go to a web site called Reevoo I have found that someone has given a review on the Samsung UE55HU6900 but if you are thinking about buying one shop round first to get your best price you could get one now for under £1,000

799 if go through rgbdirect facebook page. Am seriously tempted to take a punt at that price but would be good if any other owners. The LG got an even worse review on hdtvreviews and people like that so who knows eh ...

I would be too if we hadn't replaced the TV in december, £799 seems a pretty good deal.

I'm a bit confused about the HU6900 series, there's one review out there that basically says it's crap, but when you listen to people they seem to be pretty happy.

Would be nice if there's a few more reviews, especially now it's available regularly sub £1000

I would be too if we hadn't replaced the TV in december, £799 seems a pretty good deal.

I'm a bit confused about the HU6900 series, there's one review out there that basically says it's crap, but when you listen to people they seem to be pretty happy.

Would be nice if there's a few more reviews, especially now it's available regularly sub £1000

The comments on the hdtv test thread seem pretty complementary. Think I'll take a look in Currys and if like I'll order it from here. Will post a review next week if get it.

I just brought this from RGB...
I've actually been looking for a 55inch TV and was tempted by LG 55LB650V...was about to buy that last week. However at £799 this is nearly £100 less and is 4K...that's seems a bargin!

Can anyone suggest a better 55inch TV in this price range?

Anyone managed a John Lewis price match on the RGB offer? Looks a bargain @ £799. Surprised the hdtvtest slates the motion interpolation so much, surely they turn all that junk off like any sane person? From looking elsewhere it supports 24hz input and that's all that matter really.

Got a reply from JL, won't price match the discounted price only the web price of £949 :(. Oh well, see what gets announced at IFA I guess.

Got a reply from JL, won't price match the discounted price only the web price of £949 :(. Oh well, see what gets announced at IFA I guess.

£150 for 4 years warranty isnt bad.

Anyway, ordered from RGB. Fingers crossed ...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom