Anyone heard of Samsung UE55HU6900

I'm having trouble pairing the Bluetooth remote. Anybody else have any issues with it...or any tips to get it to work please? Thanks.

Can anyone confirm if the UE55HU6900 supports 24p playback? Seems to be conflicting information on the Web!

I'm so very very tempted by this TV and can't wait to hear some more reviews

Can anyone confirm if the UE55HU6900 supports 24p playback? Seems to be conflicting information on the Web!

I'm so very very tempted by this TV and can't wait to hear some more reviews

Pic taken using the info button
ImageUploadedByAVForums1407174736.886663.jpg

So I went into Currys today and looked at the UE50HU6900 model and could not see an motion blur on fast moving sequences. The guy in store was an utter waste of time answering questions however I was so impressed I've order the 55" through RGB Direct and will arrive Wednesday.

FYI- The 55" TV is only £799 when you order via phone!!

Thanks Terry. How are you finding the TV? Any problems with motion blur?
Haven't seen anything worth worrying about...certainly no worse than any other LCD I've owned. Have seen the 4k Netflix Ocean video on it recently and it looks amazing. Very impressed with it for the price.

Haven't seen anything worth worrying about...certainly no worse than any other LCD I've owned. Have seen the 4k Netflix Ocean video on it recently and it looks amazing. Very impressed with it for the price.
Excellent....i couldn't see any issues on the demo unit at Currys but I guess it's natural to have reservations about such a cheap TV!!!

Excellent....i couldn't see any issues on the demo unit at Currys but I guess it's natural to have reservations about such a cheap TV!!!

The price of it has halved in a couple of months.... hopefully an issue of overstock rather than the product. Feedback seems to be positive so fingers crossed. Mine is due to arrive in next day or two.

The price of it has halved in a couple of months.... hopefully an issue of overstock rather than the product. Feedback seems to be positive so fingers crossed. Mine is due to arrive in next day or two.
All user reviews I've read are positive!!

Mines coming today so I'll post some pics etc later once I have faffed

I've ordered the 40" as a monitor, only replaced the lounge tv last October, so can't really justify it for there :)

Looking forward to seeing what a 4k budget set can do, looked good in John Lewis after I switched it off retina burning mode and in to something more normal.

Mine arrived from RGB today. Only played around with Netflix so far, and yes the 4K content works well. Picture quality seems pretty decent although as I came from a Plasma I'm not sure what's normal and what's not. ... really need to have a play around to get it as I'd like it. Oh and it has a Satellite input which was a nice surprise as most of the specs I saw said it was Freeview only.

Anyone know where is a good place to download some 4K video files to test?

Excellent. Maybe we could all share settings here to get the best out of the TV? Mine hopefully arrives tomorrow!!
Mine arrived from RGB today. Only played around with Netflix so far, and yes the 4K content works well. Picture quality seems pretty decent although as I came from a Plasma I'm not sure what's normal and what's not. ... really need to have a play around to get it as I'd like it. Oh and it has a Satellite input which was a nice surprise as most of the specs I saw said it was Freeview only.

There's a few 4k movie trailers available for download, avoid timescapes it will appear in nearly every search but it's an over compressed mess.

Something I noticed that improved the picture drastically for me was changing the colour space from its default native setting to auto. Native setting looked awful imo.

ARGH!!!!!

Just noticed a chip in the plastic at the bottom. Looks like I'll have some fun on the phone tomorrow ....

ARGH!!!!!

Just noticed a chip in the plastic at the bottom. Looks like I'll have some fun on the phone tomorrow ....
Oh no. That's normally my level of luck. You shouldn't have a problem as the guys there seem really professional.

Oh no. That's normally my level of luck. You shouldn't have a problem as the guys there seem really professional.

Fingers crossed! On the plus side, they've arranged collection for today which was a damn sight quicker than John Lewis did when I returned another TV previously.

Fingers crossed! On the plus side, they've arranged collection for today which was a damn sight quicker than John Lewis did when I returned another TV previously.
Mine has arrived!!! Just need to finish work and set it up

Well after unboxing initial impressions are good. I have watched a couple of Blu-rays and quality is excellent. I have downloaded a couple of 4k demos but they are compressed MP4 and a little pixelated. I'll update once I've played with settings more.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom