1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone heard of panasonic NV-X21??Help needed!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by forest, Dec 18, 2003.

1. forest

forest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can anyone help me with this...I've been looking for a camcorder for around £400 -- seemed to be between the canon mv600i and sony drv 19 -- but I've just seen a panasonic NV - EX21 for the same price. Does anyone have any info on this camcorder? I know it got ok/good reviews in What Camcorder Jan 2002 when it was priced at £1400 -- but is it a better option now than the others? Any help appreciated.

2. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd avoid small CCD like MV600i (only 1/6"). Sony TRV 19 has better 1/4" ccd and Panasonic NV-EX21 a little bigger one (1/3.8"). This gives you better performance in lowlight. Looking at the specs the NV-EX21 seems to be a good camcorder. Anyone using it?

3. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose those single chip camcorders are okay, but I've graduated past all those and own a Sony VX2000 3 chip dv camcorder. If you get a chance to compare a picture from a VX to one of the cheaper single chip camcorders, you'll probably end up wanting to own a 3 chip camcorder.

Tunesman.