Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anyone heard of panasonic NV-X21??Help needed!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by forest, Dec 18, 2003.

1. forest

forest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can anyone help me with this...I've been looking for a camcorder for around £400 -- seemed to be between the canon mv600i and sony drv 19 -- but I've just seen a panasonic NV - EX21 for the same price. Does anyone have any info on this camcorder? I know it got ok/good reviews in What Camcorder Jan 2002 when it was priced at £1400 -- but is it a better option now than the others? Any help appreciated.

2. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd avoid small CCD like MV600i (only 1/6"). Sony TRV 19 has better 1/4" ccd and Panasonic NV-EX21 a little bigger one (1/3.8"). This gives you better performance in lowlight. Looking at the specs the NV-EX21 seems to be a good camcorder. Anyone using it?

3. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose those single chip camcorders are okay, but I've graduated past all those and own a Sony VX2000 3 chip dv camcorder. If you get a chance to compare a picture from a VX to one of the cheaper single chip camcorders, you'll probably end up wanting to own a 3 chip camcorder.

Tunesman.