anyone heard of DLR Computers ?

jtfab75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for a cooler master 340 and DLR are the only one's who have it in stock.
anyone bought from the before ?
thanks

no idea what DLR computing can do for you but I would urge be cautious. They work out of
Unit B, Heathend Trading Estate, Tenlons Road,
Nuneaton, Coventry, Warwickshire CV10 7HN
024 7632 8530 - BUT this is the same address as ipodrepairs.co.uk or Ritchie repair. I sent my ITouch to Ritchie repair 4 weeks ago and since that time they have dropped off the planet. Cannot get through to them to respond by any method - DLR Computers wedsite is not obtainable , and IPodrepair.co.uk is a sham website - no company reg number, no live contact details. So either they have gone out of business overnight, or they are massivley incompetant or they are are up to soemthing darker ( take your goods & money and then do a runner ???). I am more than happy to be proven wrong BUT this is how it looks at the moment. I guess I will find out soon - I am dropping by their address to see Mr Ritchie face to face.

Domain Registration information:

Domain name:
dlrcomputers.co.uk

Registrant:
David Ritchie

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
22 Beaumont rd
Nuneaton
CV11 5HD
United Kingdom

Might be of some use to you if you have no luck with the business address.

IPodrepair.co.uk has no address details but is owned by Stuart Richie.

Edit: the google cache page for DLR Computers brings up:

Nuneaton Computer Repairs Unit B, Heathend Trading Est Tenlons Rd, Nuneaton. CV10 7HW Tel: 02476 328530 E-mail: [email protected]

Which leads to:

Domain name:
nuneatoncomputerrepairs.co.uk

Registrant:
Nuneaton Computer Repairs Ltd

Registrant type:
Other UK Entity (e.g. clubs, associations, many universities)

Registrant's address:
26 St Matthews Close
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV10 8RG
United Kingdom

Last edited:
no idea what DLR computing can do for you but I would urge be cautious. They work out of
Unit B, Heathend Trading Estate, Tenlons Road,
Nuneaton, Coventry, Warwickshire CV10 7HN
024 7632 8530 - BUT this is the same address as ipodrepairs.co.uk or Ritchie repair. I sent my ITouch to Ritchie repair 4 weeks ago and since that time they have dropped off the planet. Cannot get through to them to respond by any method - DLR Computers wedsite is not obtainable , and IPodrepair.co.uk is a sham website - no company reg number, no live contact details. So either they have gone out of business overnight, or they are massivley incompetant or they are are up to soemthing darker ( take your goods & money and then do a runner ???). I am more than happy to be proven wrong BUT this is how it looks at the moment. I guess I will find out soon - I am dropping by their address to see Mr Ritchie face to face.

feel sorry for you m8 i know what its like to have this happen.

regards will

Have you had your ipod returned yet, or are you still having difficulties with them? I was considering sending my ipod off to them for repair until I saw your comments. I have contacted trading standards and companies house, neither of whom were able to offer any help. Thanks

I sent my ipod touch off to Ritchie repairs in November and the last i heard was on the 19th November they emailed to say that my ipod was being repaired. I've contacted them through their website twice but have had no reply, a mate sent his iphone off for several repairs including a smashed screen and received it back within a week. All that mine needed was the headphone socket repairing.

kevin d, any news in regards of your Ipod?

I sent an IPOD touch the month of November 2010 and within 1 week was already back.
But last monday I made a terrible mistake. I sent my old ipod 4th Gen and I forgot to include details in the parcel. Now, I tried to reach the site with my PostOffice tracking number (I sent the parcel by recorded email) but I never got a reply from them
I am taking into account the whole Christmas period (I will update accordingly), but yes. There are not many details in the website and it makes things really difficult.
If next week I haven't heard from then, I will drive all the way to Coventry to have a quick chat with him. (I did like my old ipod, do not want to loose it along with the money..)

Many thanks

Has anyone received their iPod back from IPod Repair Centre? Concerned that my daughters IPod bTouch has not been returned 4 weeks after I sent it through.

kevin d, any news in regards of your Ipod?

I sent an IPOD touch the month of November 2010 and within 1 week was already back.
But last monday I made a terrible mistake. I sent my old ipod 4th Gen and I forgot to include details in the parcel. Now, I tried to reach the site with my PostOffice tracking number (I sent the parcel by recorded email) but I never got a reply from them
I am taking into account the whole Christmas period (I will update accordingly), but yes. There are not many details in the website and it makes things really difficult.
If next week I haven't heard from then, I will drive all the way to Coventry to have a quick chat with him. (I did like my old ipod, do not want to loose it along with the money..)

Many thanks

Kevin d

Did you get your ipod back? And did you pay them a visit? If so did it work?

Postman delivered a special delivery package this morning which is odd as i wasn't expecting anything, It turned out to be a 32gb 3rd gen ipod touch. There were no markings on the bag to indicate who had sent it but on closer inspection i can just about make out part of the post code and it's CV10. I can't be sure if it's the one i sent for repair or not but will contact Royal Mail on Monday to see if they will give me the details of who sent it and will report back if i find anything out. DC

i sent my ipod to richie pepairs to be fixed on the 22nd march.. after a about a week i sent several emails and had no reply eventually i had a reply from 'stuart richie' saying there had been a problem on the website and that he had processed the order for me and that they would get back to me asap. i have had no reply since.. is there anyone who hasnt had their ipod back yet?

it seems that some people have had them back within a week and others months.

i sent my ipod to richie pepairs to be fixed on the 22nd march.. after a about a week i sent several emails and had no reply eventually i had a reply from 'stuart richie' saying there had been a problem on the website and that he had processed the order for me and that they would get back to me asap. i have had no reply since.. is there anyone who hasnt had their ipod back yet?

it seems that some people have had them back within a week and others months.

Atleast they werent stolen!

I Sent both my iPods to them in March after a friend recommended them and got them both back fixed within a few days. They even refunded some money on one because I'd ordered a new hard drive but it was actually only a software fault so they only charged me a minimum repair charge and refunded the difference. My friend had a good experience with them too.

Aviod, Avoid, Avoid.

I sent my WORKING Ipod touch for a new battery to the above "company" and after 5/6 weeks and many e-mails and phone calls I ended up contacting Consumer Advice. They suggested sending a registered letter asking to return my Ipod or I would consider it stolen and take appropriate action. Hey Presto, the next day I received a call from them informing me that my Ipod had a problem with the circuit board and they would recycle it for me !!!! Like hell...!!!
I now have my scrap Ipod and to make matters worse, I'm £9 out of pocket for the privilege. Please DO NOT send anything to them for repair.
BE WARNED :lease:

Last edited:
Any more news on these guys?
Did you all receive your goods back fully repaired?!:rolleyes:

My Ipod touch was returned to me, but it's broken beyond repair. I did let Apple have a look at it just to make sure, but no luck it's SCRAP.
In my previous post I mentioned that Ritchie Repair had promised to return their charge of £32 minus £9 for "replacing" the battery, but so far no money has been returned to me.
I'm now in the process of taking the company to the Small Claims Court in an effort to receive some compensation.
BE WARNED.....AVOID THIS COMPANY.....:lease:

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my ipod back this Saturday gone.
AWFUL service......
Came back with no invoice or guarantee....
Box taped up with masking tape (i just KNEW they d held it to ransom)
They replaced my faulty logic board with a "used" one, which by all accounts (after phoning apple) was registered to someone else.
I found this out because it now has a different flippin serial number!
God knows if it belonged to a stolen ipod.
It was also "500 days" older than my original board, with an obsolete version which cannot be updated.
The hard drive only registers "127gb" not "147gb" as it should do.

Great job Ritchie Repairs aka DLR aka complete robbin t.ats.

ps . all for the bargain price of 89.99

AWFUL COMPANY!!!

AVOID

I sent my i pod 4th gen 20gb for a replacement battery to this firm on the 6th December 2011 and paid £29.99 including return posting charges.
I then found this forum and was very disillusioned
However i have todfay received my i pod fully working and with the same i pod and no loss of memory
All in all i was very impressed with this company perhaps he just took on too much work all at once or more trained members but i am very impressed:clap::smashin:

I'm glad you a got your iPod back.

They have my iPod, the diagnostics fee and the £99 I paid for a replacement hard drive. No response to a letter sent recorded delivery demanding it back.

Will be taking any relevant emails and documents to the police tomorrow morning to officially report it.

They've had it 4 months now so I imagine they've used it for spares in other devices.

Mod Edit: edited to conform to the forum rules

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom