Anyone heard of "CX" 100 coaxial cable?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Pandora, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Pandora

Pandora
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am putting in Cat 6 and coaxial everywhere in my home as part of a general re-wire.

I intend to connect my main wideband aerial to a distribution amplifier in the loft. From the amplifier, I will run co-ax to every room. (I don't have a satellite dish, nor do I plan to get one - this is purely for Freeview.)

I have just received a delivery of coaxial cable from my electrical supplier. I asked for CT100. The stuff I have received has got "CX100" printed on the black sheath. I paid £22/100m whereas the real Raydex CT100 is about 50% more expensive.

I think that Draka make a cable called CX 100 which has CAI approval, although I'm not sure whether mine is the same thing. My cable does have a white foam insulation and double (foil/braid) screening.

Is my cable adequate or is there a better performing "100" type foam cable?

(I would prefer the foam insulation to semi-airspaced because I think that the chance of kinking during installation outweighs the performance penalty.)

2. Steve999

Steve999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0