anyone having problems with plus box freezing up?

micks_address

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Since last week, our sky plus box has become a bit sluggish and i've had to reset it twice, by unplugging and plugging in again. We might be watching a program from the planner and if another recording starts the picture pauses and wont start again. I upgraded it about 12 months ago with a 160gb samsung drive and never had any problems.. has there been an update from sky in the last week that might be causing problems? I#m hoping its not a sign of the hard drive failing, still have the original drive but dont fancy going back to the 40gb of space

Cheers,
Mick

forgot to mention its a pace version 2 box

Thanks,
Mick

Read this somewhere and kept a copy.

Sky tech support can talk you through performing a system restore over the phone. To do this you, press 'services' on your Sky plus remote, then select option 4. Next press 0, 1, select - you should now see the engineer's menu. Choose option 8, 'Full System Reset'. The box will now take a few minutes to reset it.
Try pausing or recording again, and if the problem persists disconnect the digibox from the mains power. Press and hold the 'left' and 'right' navigation buttons on the front of the digibox whilst you reconnect the mains power. Continue holding the buttons in for about 20 seconds, and when the ring of light on the front comes on, press the 'select' button on the front of the digibox (between the left and right buttons you were holding). The Sky+ recording logo lights will spin backwards and, according to the Sky engineer, this will "clear the hard drive".
Once this is done, disconnect the digibox from the mains power again and this time press and hold the 'back up' button whilst you reconnect the mains power. Continue holding it for about 15 seconds until 3 lights on the front of the box come on and you get a full-screen message saying "Updating system software. Do not disconnect mains supply or satellite dish."
Leave the digibox doing its thing for about 10 minutes and it should be fixed! Try pausing and recording things again... hopefully you've just saved yourself £65.
If you've not been so lucky, you'll have to get Sky to fix it for you. Some people report that if you ask to cancel your subscription Sky sometimes offer a free callout to fix the problem - you're more valuable to them as a paying customer than the cost of an engineer callout.

will i loose the programs in the planner if i do a system restore? not to keen on that as we have some films there from over a year ago

Cheers,
Mick

also been having problems n the last couple of weeks and l have the original hd in mine , wo'nt play anything from planner that has been recorded also ca'nt rewind or pause :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom